This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you, like me, like games TOO much? I mean I love most games.

#31evidpeedPosted 3/17/2014 9:48:59 AM
There isn't a game I don't like. Some call it a blessing...some call it a curse.

People complain about graphics, gameplay, how this game is horrible, etc...I find it hilarious. I don't understand how someone can not like a game. It just boggles my mind. I guess I'm just lucky that I can enjoy everything? Love even. Love games.
---
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas 3DS FC: 4141-2374-8993
#32LamacePosted 3/17/2014 9:50:04 AM
For me, I find it more enjoyable to have fun with a game, flaws and all, than to nit pick it to death. Granted, I can still tell the difference between a good and bad game, and the good game will almost always be more fun than the bad. But that doesn't mean that I can't have fun with bad games.
#33RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 10:11:47 AM(edited)
This topic has brought in many more thoughtful replies than I ever thought possible. Gives me hope that people haven't become so jaded that some of us can still find enjoyment and engagement in video games, with the rest of the people constantly screaming in their ears, "Things are getting worse and sucking more!" Maybe video games won't reach another crash with these hopeful kinds of people in existence.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP-South Park: StickOfTruth, PWAA:DD
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#34Battleship_GrayPosted 3/17/2014 11:18:36 AM
Yeah there's a ton of general negativity and cynicism. I openly question why some of the folks that post here regularly still choose gaming as their hobby when they have so many complaints about it.

It's good to see a wholeheartedly optimistic topic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WaTuaNN.jpg
#35LoneCourier2281Posted 3/18/2014 10:58:35 PM
I like games and don't really "hate" any game unless it is really, really bad.
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#36Marnex15Posted 3/18/2014 11:53:04 PM(edited)
People love to have very selective memories of their childhoods and things of the past. People remember the Beatles or the Led Zeppelins of music, the Ocarina of Times or Chrono Triggers of video games, the Citizen Kanes or the Shawshank Redemptions of movies. They don't remember the copious amounts of forgettable bad copycats because they were just that, forgettable. Fact is, the ratio of good to bad has always been the same in any medium to date. People remember the hits and act like that was the standard when they were just simply the exceptions.
#37darkness1018Posted 3/19/2014 12:23:43 AM
Im like you TC. Ill give almost anything a shot (except sports games, not into them). I also never listen to reviews, i wouldve missed on a few good games like that. Some times i end up buying a dud (Ride to Hell: Retribution) but alot of times im happy (Alpha Protocol). Now, i dont buy every game day 1 for $60 unless im really interested in it but i always look through the used section at Gamestop since for $5-$15 ill give almost anything a shot.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3, PS4 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL
#38xio323Posted 3/19/2014 11:17:01 AM
You're definitely not alone TC. I try to give a fair shot to all games as long it it catches my interest. Of course there are games that won't ever interest me (mainly sports games) but i don't go here to spout how much i dislike them.

however, i will input my personal thoughts as to why people think that current gen gaming is inferior to the past:
I don't speak for everyone here, i was 10 years old when ps2 was released, so most of my fond gaming moments that i remember came during the ps2 era. Most experiences as a child are fresh and new which is why we remember them a lot more clearly than other things. Which is probably why i remember more things about games of the past versus current games.
Even then, the era of the ps2/gc/xbox was the era that gaming really started to truly evolve, becoming the stepping stone to what we have today. All the things that came out from previous gaming eras were so fresh, and so new which is why we remember them so well, because we had never experienced anything like them at that point.

gaming has grown and evolved, but we as people have done the same. nothing feels as fresh anymore because we've probably seen it in one way or another.
#39Orven123Posted 3/21/2014 4:01:24 PM
I agree TC. Also, I'd like to add one very obvious example of amazing rip offs. Okami.
#40RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 4:12:48 PM
This topic still exists and people are posting? Holy crap.

Orven123 posted...
Also, I'd like to add one very obvious example of amazing rip offs. Okami.

Hah! How funny you mention this game. This is the only game in existence I've bought all 3 of its versions when they each came out during their respective times: bought PS2 version new when it dropped to $20, bought Wii version for $30 new, and bought HD version off PSN for $20, full price. didn't even wait for a sale. >_< Y'know maybe I should be playing that...
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP-South Park: StickOfTruth, PWAA:DD
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon