This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We post something video game related that's POSITIVE. Too much negativity.

#1Justice98405Posted 3/22/2014 11:58:55 PM
There's lots of negativity in the world, on this site, and on this board. Some of it justified, most of it likely not. But whatever.

In THIS topic, ONLY positive comments are welcome. Something about a game, a genre, a company, person, whatever, as long as it's related to video games (PS3 as much as possible) and as long as it's POSITIVE.

Here's one from me to start it off, I'll add more later.

I love variety in my games. I love well made AAA titles such as The Last of Us (fantastic setting, characters, dialogue and voice work, music and sound design, a well told story, solid gameplay, etc), I love insane Japanese games that are so far out there you just have to go with them, Suda 51's stuff instantly comes to mind, Killer7, Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer is Dead. Traditional WRPG's and JRPG's as well as off-shoots, sub-genres, hybrids and so on. I'm starting to like some of these 'loli' and fanservice focused games, the Hypermension Neptunia games are fun, I recently finally tried Disgaea and it's pretty fun, especially the characters and dialogue. I dig on sports games, as I'm a big sports fan overall, football mainly, but I've got NFL, NBA, MLB games, I've got some extreme sports stuff, such as SSX and Skate 3. Action games such as God of War and Darksiders, just for starts. The evolution of adventure games, The Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls. Bayonetta is just pure gameplay gold... well, platinum. Hehe. Zelda games, Mario games, Metroid games and on and on and on.

I just love video games, and I love the MASSIVE variety of art styles, gameplay mechanics, genres and sub-genres, etc.

So there's the start. What positive things do you all have to say about PS3 games, or just games and video games in general, the industry and the hobby?
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2Mad_CauliflowerPosted 3/23/2014 12:09:17 AM
nobody wants to hear about the plane taking off. They want to hear about it crashing.

Sadly, negativity is what fuels discussions

Though I agree that this sort of thing is sorely needed.
---
Star Citizen: Love my hangar with 7 ships
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/23/2014 12:10:59 AM
South Park: The Stick of Truth made me happy in a long time.
---
My Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/X360/681989-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/reviews/review-157472
#4Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 12:28:12 AM
"Though I agree that this sort of thing is sorely needed."

Then take part! The topic is right here.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5Mad_CauliflowerPosted 3/23/2014 12:35:42 AM(edited)
I love how pyrotechnics in games, are just mindblowing now
I love destructible environments
I love that the repetition displayed by games of the past, has given way to massive environmental variety
I love the change in controllers, to allow for more complex actions by our character
I love how gaming has evolved
I love gaming, and I have for 32 years now

Most of all, I love that I was playing games when Atari and the arcades were the rage. Watching things go from blocks, to hi tech terms like 'parallax scrolling', all the way to realistic characters. I sure as hell can lose myself in games, and it's why I enjoy them so much.

EDIT: I also absolutely adore how amazing simulators are now

---
Star Citizen: Love my hangar with 7 ships
#6SugarFlakesPosted 3/23/2014 12:47:59 AM(edited)
I find myself enjoying the games of today just as much as I did with games that I grew up with.

Three of my most favorite games are on the PS3: Star Ocean the Last Hope (though to be fair, it's on the 360 as well but whatever) Tales of Xillia and Soul Calibur 5 (again multi-plat. But eh). I spent the most hrs on these overall and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles may be inching it's way up there eventually.

I don't care how people view it: XIII-2 is one of my faves as well. I'd be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy it.

The games of today are nothing short of mind-blowing. I like the attention of detail that most of them have.

My favorite genres are RPG's and Fighters though I also dabble into platformers as well. I would say Horror but the only one I'd play from this genre is Resident Evil 4. Not saying the genre itself is bad but man does RE4 hold memories.
---
Now playing: Tales of Symphonia 2 & Star Ocean the Last Hope Universe mode
"You know, I eat way better than I fight!"...I love you Xiba xD
#7wolf riderPosted 3/23/2014 12:44:36 AM
The brick textures in TLoU are amazing!
---
SE spent all their marketing dollars buying off good Lighting Returns reviews. Poor Thief didn't get any. ~ Video_Game_Tzar
#8gamefaqwatcherPosted 3/23/2014 12:46:23 AM
The gaming community.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#9CaIiber345Posted 3/23/2014 1:02:31 AM
In this month's Game Informer magazine, Rocksteady Games talks about Batman: Arkham Knight. While reading the article, it made me realize just how amazing and special this generation is going to be when games are made by people who love the source material and marry it with the technology that exists in these consoles. It happened last gen with some games, and it's exciting to see what those results will be with greater technology.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#10Pop_SecretPosted 3/23/2014 2:28:50 AM
There are still a few very good games, albeit, very few.