This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have been playing as the same character for over 31 games.

#1Ninja_GaignunPosted 3/24/2014 1:33:33 AM
So While admiring my character in Dark Souls II something hit me.

Dark Souls II is just the latest in a long series of adventures of Gaignun Lucid.

I have been playing as this same character across at least 31 different games, always with the same appearance or as close as the game will allow.

Long White Hair, Extremely Pale Skin, Bright Yellow Eyes, usually with a slightly thin build.

Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur V
AdventureQuest Worlds
Morrwind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Tenchu Z
White Knight Chronicles II
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
Phantasy Star Universe
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Dragons Dogma
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Saints Row The Third
Fallout 3 Fallout New Vegas
Dragon Age: Origins
Monster Hunter
Way of the Samurai
Way of the Samurai 3
Tony Hawks Underground
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2

I also piloted a white AC with yellow head lights in Armored Core 2: Another Age, 3, Silent Line, 4, For Answer, and V.

And that's not even counting all the Mobile game's I've played. Lol

Does anyone els have a signature look or a trait you tend to give you characters?
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#2MwarriorHieiPosted 3/24/2014 1:39:32 AM
i do the same thing. always make my character have dark-brown skin with messy disheveled hair and purple eyes. never given him a name though.

although if a game doesnt allow created characters, i always choose the loli with the huge-ass weapon >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#3Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 1:54:18 AM
Mine got his name in 2002, after Xenosaga came out. I loved the character of Gaignun Kukai and took the name.

Lucid is a play on words of sorts. Its means "Aware" and my character is aware they are in a game, as I'm the one in control.
---
#4qwertyMrJINXPosted 3/24/2014 1:55:45 AM
I've been re-making the same character since Monster Hunter.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#5HipHopBeatsPosted 3/24/2014 2:27:07 AM
Don't see how that's a bad thing. I make all my characters resemble me as much as the game allows. Plus I've seen people get OCD with it, spending hours creating character names and designs.
---
Feel to free to add me (mention gamefaqs)
PSN: SparkzMentalz
#6arstosPosted 3/24/2014 3:32:51 AM(edited)
Yeah, I've been using the same names in many games over the years lol. I literally can't remember the last time I used a name other than one of these.

Male; shivan (darklord), arstos (darklord), loki, blaze, thorarinn, lothar, link

Female; rose (red), snow (white), aurelia, simone, kiara, zelda

Parentheses are if it let's me put the full thing. most of those have been in use since middle school at least, a few since elementary or high school (I should add high school ended in '02 to give you an idea how long some of those have been around lol). Some are names I've always liked, some were d&d characters I roleplayed, and some from stories or games. There's a few others that have been around as long that I can't think of offhand.

There's characteristics that stay constant when a game allows enough customization, or that determine what i name a character, shivans dark haired usually a fighter, arstos is a silver haired usually a mage, rose red is a pale freckled redhead, I'd imagine you could figure out snow white easy enough lol and the others have their things too
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#7Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 11:38:43 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one. Lol
---
#8toadiemanPosted 3/24/2014 11:53:47 AM
I've been naming my characters Raine for the last 10 or so years.
---
PSN:toadieman
#9DarkWolf888Posted 3/24/2014 12:35:08 PM
I don't do that, not unless you count simply making my characters anime-style pretty boys. I just came here to say I love your taste in games, even though I don't know how many of those games you actually like.
#10hyperskate65Posted 3/24/2014 12:53:53 PM
I mean, I've made myself in every game that allows it and it always looks (generally) like me and always uses the same name, so yes?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12