This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much life does the PS3 still have in it?

#11ShinXaguraPosted 3/28/2014 4:18:45 PM
Yakra88 posted...
A better choice than the PS4, for sure. The best time to buy a console is around the time that the next generation comes out, that's when its library of games is largest and also cheapest.

---
My life is Disgaea.
#12djiluvu44Posted 3/28/2014 4:24:28 PM
persona 5 is still coming next year.
---
3DS friend code 3110 5089 9869
#13REMercsChampPosted 3/28/2014 4:29:03 PM
It's on life support
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#14Gigant0pithecusPosted 3/28/2014 4:30:29 PM
ViciousXl2 posted...
Go for it.
Games will be getting cheap, and there's a lot of em

Yakra88 posted...
A better choice than the PS4, for sure. The best time to buy a console is around the time that the next generation comes out, that's when its library of games is largest and also cheapest.

These.

I owned a PS3 at launch but sold it a couple of years later. I also own a PS4 but it honestly collects dust. But I recently purchased the 500GB TLoU PS3 bundle with several exclusives and I'm looking to buy more soon. There's definitely a lot of cheap games to stock up on and now's a good a time as any.

I have a feeling (based on nothing) that the PS3 will have games squeezed out on it until the end of 2016. Next year just seems too soon.
---
XBL: Gigantopithecus
PSN: SugarPussPulled
#15tr1besPosted 3/28/2014 4:37:50 PM
I would suggest waiting for the next Black Friday to buy it. there are many great titles on ps3 and if you need suggestion, just go on ps3 board to ask around. The ps3 console in the box is not fully updated so getting ASAP would be even better before Sony pull the plug on update and service for that console. There are many great titles for ps3 and they are cheap now.

I just bought a 360 because it's cheaper and want to play some exclusives on that system. I do have the ps4 but the games are coming out slowly so you can wait until more great games will come out. As for your ps2, keep those games and buy another ps2 console to play them. I have 3 ps2 systems and over 200 ps2 games. I bought most of them cheap at the end of it's life cycle.