This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions concerning Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legneds...

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 4/2/2014 3:51:21 PM
1. How do I unlock the factions original story modes? Do I have to play the Xtreme stories first or just beat Lu Bu's story?

2. What does morale actually do?

3. Are the story battles harder than in DW7? Because it feels like it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#2qwertyMrJINXPosted 4/2/2014 3:56:48 PM
Morale makes your allies fight harder. If morale is low, then you'll have to rescue your allies more often.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#3SoulGrasperPosted 4/2/2014 4:30:54 PM
The Xtreme Legends is a standalone game that does NOT include the 4 kingdom's story mode. You can only unlock them on Dynasty Warriors 8.

In an effort to gain your money, you must have Dynasty Warriors 8 on hand and "mixjoy" it with Xtreme Legends. You can't just mixjoy once, there is a set time before the mixjoying expires so you would have to keep Dynasty Warriors 8 on hand if you want to continuously access the original games content.

The AI may have been improved beyond the added difficulties. I believe that generic enemy generals can weapon swap and musou more frequently.
#4Matt-MooresPosted 4/6/2014 6:50:54 AM
SoulGrasper posted...
The Xtreme Legends is a standalone game that does NOT include the 4 kingdom's story mode. You can only unlock them on Dynasty Warriors 8.

In an effort to gain your money, you must have Dynasty Warriors 8 on hand and "mixjoy" it with Xtreme Legends. You can't just mixjoy once, there is a set time before the mixjoying expires so you would have to keep Dynasty Warriors 8 on hand if you want to continuously access the original games content.

The AI may have been improved beyond the added difficulties. I believe that generic enemy generals can weapon swap and musou more frequently.

Does this apply to DW7 and DW7: XL?
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#5TicapapelPosted 4/6/2014 7:12:16 AM(edited)
Matt-Moores posted...
SoulGrasper posted...

Does this apply to DW7 and DW7: XL?

Yes, it does. KOEI does that since a long time ago (DW4 as far as I know). Funny thing is, I know KOEI does for milking money, but I still buy all the games anyway lol
#6Matt-MooresPosted 4/6/2014 7:27:53 AM
Ticapapel posted...
Yes, it does. KOEI does that since a long time ago (DW4 as far as I know). Funny thing is, I know KOEI does for milking money, but I still buy all the games anyway lol

1. Thank you the heck of a lot for clearing this up. Now I'll need to get DW7 and XL, whereas I would've made a save with DW7 and get a refund.

2. I totally understand where you're coming from. An example is Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate. They sell the Halloween costumes for $25, I said that that was insane, I buy it two days later. It's a shame.
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#7TicapapelPosted 4/6/2014 9:05:20 AM(edited)
HAHAHAA So true! Dynasty Warriors DLC is exactly the same. "Wow, $5 for some stupid fantasy costumes??" *buys it in the following day*

By the way, speaking of that, be sure to check some of the DLC on psn, specially the costumes. If I had the money I'd buy every single one of them (Diao Chan as sexy officer??? Shut up and take my money!) Even though they AREN'T portable to DW8 it's still fun to play using different outfits for a while.
#8jay2101Posted 4/6/2014 12:02:52 PM
Yeah, I went and bought all the DW7 DLC and XL, then after DW 8 came out, bought all the DLC and sold DW7.
#9CronoGuyverPosted 4/6/2014 12:28:13 PM
hehe I know what you mean guys, I got all of the DW games too, but I dont buy digital so I had to import few games to have them on disc.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.