This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some people hate Anime, games with Anime or people that watch Anime?

#1Jx1010Posted 4/4/2014 9:56:08 AM(edited)
PS3 has some games with Anime style...
Persona 3 FES on PSN has anime cutscenes and an anime style.
Persona 4 Arena has an anime style to the game.
Bayonetta's game on PS3 is having an anime Bluray release.
Valkyria Chronicles has an anime style to it, even tho the game is in 3D.

So why do some people hate Anime, hate people that watch Anime or PS3 games with Anime?
I have even heard a word being thrown around called weeaboo, like what is this?
I thought everyone has their own interests and if someone doesnt like it, well... then they dont. But some people seem very critical of it.

Can somebody explain what is weeaboo and otaku? And what is the difference between them both?
#2KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/4/2014 9:53:37 AM
Hate anime - Cuz the 1908511 school life/"comedy" anime a season are the most god awful crime against humanity? Don't forget the "we included mechs, but really this is for the fanservice garbage" anime.

Games with anime - 90% of them use the tired generic art style that most anime use. Which NOBODY likes.

People that watch anime - They generally don't.
#3wifter8Posted 4/4/2014 9:54:29 AM
It's because they feel bad about themselves, and putting people down makes them feel better.
---
PSN: sjulu7
3DS FC: 3110-4682-9647
#4ElDudorinoPosted 4/4/2014 10:04:07 AM
Like whatever you want, but I pretty much can't stand anime. I don't have a problem with the IDEA of cartoons, but it seems to me that almost every single anime out there falls under one of a couple different themes and they all have the exact same characters, exact same style of humor, and they mostly revolve around a lot of high-pitched squealing and cartoon boobs. Sometimes I'll play Japanese RPGs that are anime-themed and I'll overall enjoy the games but I'll disable the voice acting because I can't stand most of the voices. The writing tends to annoy me a lot too, though, so I'll sometimes put down a game just because of that.

It's not a hard-coded rule, though. I actually loved Ni No Kuni, and that's a total anime game but it doesn't remind me of every other annoying anime game.
#5theshovellerPosted 4/4/2014 10:07:40 AM
Why do some people hate Star Trek, but like Star Wars?
Why do some people hate Star Trek and Star Wars?
Why do some people hate Lord of the Rings?
Why do some people hate historical fiction?
Why do some people hate nonfiction?
Why do some people like Pepsi and not Coke?
Why do some people like Coke and not Pepsi?
Why does nobody seem to like RC Cola?

Preferences, that's all. Sometimes, people generalize and overexaggerate what they don't like or don't understand because they're human, that's all.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#6ShinXaguraPosted 4/4/2014 10:13:06 AM
because its gamefaqs.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#7DavidWHNPosted 4/4/2014 10:15:07 AM
Why do people keep bringing this up, who are these people that "hate" anime? Reminds me of bigfoot.
---
People are funny.
#8majin nemesisPosted 4/4/2014 10:19:24 AM(edited)
KyoReiseTaisen posted...
Games with anime - 90% of them use the tired generic art style that most anime use. Which NOBODY likes.

i do and i'm not so sure about 90% of them using a tired generic art style that most anime use especially since most anime don't use the art style they might have some things in common but they are also different

wifter8 posted...
It's because they feel bad about themselves, and putting people down makes them feel better.

This some people just won't stand for other people liking something or being happy

---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#9nurnbergPosted 4/4/2014 10:25:06 AM
I don't hate anime specifically, I just hate the kind of anime where all characters are 12 year old girls. I avoid those games, regardless of how they are reviewed.
#10DavidWHNPosted 4/4/2014 10:37:54 AM
nurnberg posted...
I don't hate anime specifically, I just hate the kind of anime where all characters are 12 year old girls. I avoid those games, regardless of how they are reviewed.

I agree, get rid of the loli garbage and people would tend to not be alienated by some anime so much. Seriously it adds nothing, having said that, it shouldn't bother people if companies stop adding that stuff unless of course you watch anime or play games for that sole reason. Which is pathetic.
---
People are funny.