This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any metal gear fan should see the new captain america

#1razidPosted 4/4/2014 12:31:59 PM
that movie had so many similarities to metal gear its not even funny
---
Take care of yourself
#2theshovellerPosted 4/4/2014 12:37:02 PM
Will I see a giant walking tank that fires nukes and a robot ninja and a Russian woman who doesn't shave her armpits and a surfer dude and a vampire and a fat man with explosives and a reference to Escape from LA / NY and a charred corpse and a deadly nanovirus and cloaking devices and a one-handed cowboy and blocky-headed people and a guy who recharges batteries by eating glowing mushrooms?

Because if I don't see everything there in the new movie I will defenestrate someone right the **** now. Possibly a dog, maybe even a cat. Maybe I'll masticate them afterwards, so it can be a defenestration mastication.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#3toadiemanPosted 4/4/2014 12:38:42 PM
So it was all nanomachines, then?
---
PSN:toadieman
#4razid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:40:13 PM
well I don't want to spoil things but theres actually a few of those things from your list
---
Take care of yourself
#5theshovellerPosted 4/4/2014 12:43:43 PM
razid posted...
well I don't want to spoil things but theres actually a few of those things from your list

I purposely thought of a few when I added them, just because I knew they'd be in there. I was happy when I saw that they were keeping probably what I think is the biggest thing intact from the comics - that the Winter Soldier is actually Bucky Barnes. Don't think that's a big spoiler since I could swear it was in a trailer, but I marked it anyway.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#6razid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 1:11:25 PM
theshoveller posted...
razid posted...

I purposely thought of a few when I added them, just because I knew they'd be in there. I was happy when I saw that they were keeping probably what I think is the biggest thing intact from the comics - that the Winter Soldier is actually Bucky Barnes. Don't think that's a big spoiler since I could swear it was in a trailer, but I marked it anyway.

oh haha ok yeah I was thinking that list was a little too specific
---
Take care of yourself
#7AnonUnknownPosted 4/4/2014 1:17:12 PM
I liked the movie but didn't absolutely think about Metal Gear.

There's a small reference to Wargames, though.
#8hyperskate65Posted 4/4/2014 6:13:06 PM
I didn't think of Metal Gear a single time and I'm a huge fan of both series.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#9razid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 10:17:03 AM
Really? Even when he was sneaking into the boat? That screamed MGS2 to me
---
Take care of yourself
#10IngExBeinPosted 4/5/2014 10:17:46 AM
Yeah, MGS totally coined sneaking onto a boat....

What are you, 12? Did Snake pop your cherry?