This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SRPG fans, what do you think of Natural Doctrine?

#1archizzyPosted 4/5/2014 11:18:50 AM
I'm not completely sold but it has my interest raised. I haven't seen any gameplay videos yet. I've looked a little but haven't tried really digging. I've seen some screenshots which look decent. Trailers are interesting but ultimately worthless. I'm just wondering who else. Has followed this much?
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#2BSerenityPosted 4/5/2014 11:30:59 AM
There is a very good read over at Neogaf on the game. Some good game play videos from the TC. He also explains some of the systems at work. TC is continually updating the topic as his play through continues.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795635

I am extremely anxious to play the game. A truly difficult strategy rpg? No way will I turn that down.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#3archizzy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 11:37:13 AM
Nice, thanks for the link. I'm attracted just because true turn based RPGs on consoles have practically died outside the grid/strategy ones and even they are a small group of games.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#4Justice98405Posted 4/5/2014 11:39:52 AM
It looks interesting, the combat SEEMS to have some elements that Valkyria Chronicles uses, so that's peaked my interest. I'll be looking into it more before/around it's release, at the very least.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5BSerenityPosted 4/5/2014 11:52:19 AM
No problem in regards to the link, TC.

@Justice

I would give the topic I linked a read. The TC over there explains why going into this game with VC as a reason behind it isn't very good. (I know you don't mean as a direct comparison)

N.Doctrine has had some promo videos that give it a sense of VC. Which it is far from. A poor choice in regards to their marketing, imo.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#6FredericChopinPosted 4/5/2014 3:22:32 PM
Thanks for the link BSerenity. Just read through it.
I'm also extremely anxious for this game to be released.
Certainly looks challenging with all those diagrams!
---
"There is no one else! I am the only one here!"
- Frederic Chopin, Eternal Sonata
#7Impaired MedicPosted 4/5/2014 3:28:26 PM
Looks pretty good, it'll be a nice addition to my PS4 library.
---
". . ." ~That guy from GTA3
#8Galeforce99Posted 4/5/2014 3:43:39 PM(edited)
Looks awesome. We don't get many SRPGs with a high production values, so I do appreciate them when they come around. The way they show the deaths kinds makes it look like a Strategy Dark Souls.

Though they need to remove the squeaky animu voices for the localized version. Some British voices would work well with the setting.
---
GameFaqs: Opinion=Fact