This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the worst Hitman game?

#1knightoffire55Posted 4/9/2014 7:38:49 PM
What is the worst Hitman game? - Results (93 votes)
Hitman: Codename 47
36.56% (34 votes)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
13.98% (13 votes)
Hitman: Contracts
10.75% (10 votes)
Hitman: Blood Money
4.3% (4 votes)
Hitman: Absolution
34.41% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me it's Absolution.
---
I didn't hear your question but the answer is DmC.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 4/9/2014 7:40:46 PM
The first one. Sheesh, it's almost unplayable unless you do exactly what the game needs you to. What that is, is not told to you.
---
My Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Review:
gamefaqs.com/X360/672717-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/reviews/review-15766650
#3UhMericanPosted 4/9/2014 7:42:45 PM
I never played the first one so I picked Absolution. The first one supposed to be pretty bad. Anything good about it got put into Contracts.
#4qwertyMrJINXPosted 4/9/2014 7:58:46 PM
The first one. They seemed to have confused lack of direction for freedom in that game. Don't care much for Hitman 2, either, but it's a definite improvement. Contracts and Blood Money were great. Absolution is a bit too much like Hitman 2, but it's a little better, I think. Still would rather play Contracts or Blood Money, though.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#5Vergil92Posted 4/9/2014 8:03:07 PM
I never played the first one, but out of the rest Silent Assassin was my least favorite.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#6kuterPosted 4/9/2014 8:10:32 PM
Silent Assassin. Get spotted once, every enemies come rushing at you. Want to disguise yourself? Good luck, it doesn't work 80% of the time.
#7Mad_CauliflowerPosted 4/9/2014 8:14:56 PM
kuter posted...
Silent Assassin. Get spotted once, every enemies come rushing at you. Want to disguise yourself? Good luck, it doesn't work 80% of the time.

exactly. The enemies in the earlier hitman titles have long range ESP, making disguises almost pointless.

On the flipside, most just seem to complain about the "broken" disguise system on Absolution.

And to answer, the first is the worst.
---
Do you judge games based on what they are? Or what they aren't?
#8SSJ_JinPosted 4/9/2014 8:31:39 PM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
kuter posted...

exactly. The enemies in the earlier hitman titles have long range ESP, making disguises almost pointless.

On the flipside, most just seem to complain about the "broken" disguise system on Absolution.

Except the disguise system isn't broken in Silent Assassin. It's what the disguise system should have been in Absolution. Guards only see through your disguise if you get too close to them in SA or if you're clearly wearing the wrong clothes in the wrong area. Even so with the right disguise, you walk right by an enemy despite the suspicion meter going crazy.

Ironically this is how Absolution was in the trailer and they changed it for some stupid reason. In the trailer they showed, 47 was fine until he started walked within a few feet of the cops. Then he activated Instinct to play himself off. Made perfect sense.

Now in Absolution enemies can see through your disguise 50 feet away. Terrible.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#9Mad_CauliflowerPosted 4/9/2014 8:36:15 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
kuter posted...

Except the disguise system isn't broken in Silent Assassin. It's what the disguise system should have been in Absolution. Guards only see through your disguise if you get too close to them in SA or if you're clearly wearing the wrong clothes in the wrong area. Even so with the right disguise, you walk right by an enemy despite the suspicion meter going crazy.

Ironically this is how Absolution was in the trailer and they changed it for some stupid reason. In the trailer they showed, 47 was fine until he started walked within a few feet of the cops. Then he activated Instinct to play himself off. Made perfect sense.

Now in Absolution enemies can see through your disguise 50 feet away. Terrible.

they only see through your disguise (and not 50 feet away), if you're wearing the same clothing as them. Chances are they're gonna wonder who you are.

The idea in absolution is to blend. I don't mean blend as in that stupid easy mode, but rather blend in with your surroundings. Appear inconspicuous to the majority.

I used to think the disguise system was just too broken too, then I worked it out and did the entire hotel level, killing everyone with a knife and never being seen.

It works, and it works well. It just isn't easy at all. Most times I try to think "would this work if I actually did it?"
---
Do you judge games based on what they are? Or what they aren't?
#10Video_Game_CzarPosted 4/9/2014 8:46:45 PM
Absolution is a turd.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l FC: 0146-9981-6140 I R.I.P. Colonel Meow