This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people on this board dislike The Last of Us?

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 4/14/2014 9:30:04 AM
I can't think of a reason why you would dismiss this masterpiece of a game. The Last of Us bridges the gap between art and video games. It has amazing production values and cinemaitcal satisfying gameplay.

The game is a true gem to be cherished for ages. I can't see why people would dislike this game. It does everything right.
#2Skull007o_OPosted 4/14/2014 9:34:11 AM
Please, do not reply
---
FFX-3 teaser:
http://abload.de/img/kciksbombttsvx.gif
#3kzooanimalPosted 4/14/2014 9:34:52 AM
I enjoyed it. I completed it on the hardest available difficulty and got about 1/2 way through on survivor mode before shelfing it. I barely touched the multiplayer and have not tried the ellie dlc. A good game worth playing for fans of 3rdperson.
#4its_mattPosted 4/14/2014 9:42:33 AM(edited)
This board has over 12800 pages of topics, there are are bound to be some posters that don't like a game, even those that are generally regarded as the best games.
#5Deja-EntenduPosted 4/14/2014 9:40:43 AM
Oh, we're still doing topics like this?
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Tune of the week: Theme of Laura- Akira Yamaoka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw
#6SparkItUpPosted 4/14/2014 9:44:45 AM
Deja-Entendu posted...
Oh, we're still doing topics like this?

It got old attacking Tomb Raider...so they started to attack MGS: Ground Zeroes, after they got tired of attacking MGS: GZ...they attacked Watch Dogs, now that they are tired of attacking Watch Dogs...they are attacking TLOU.
#7GunmaN1905Posted 4/14/2014 9:50:40 AM
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
I can't think of a reason why you would dismiss this masterpiece of a game. The Last of Us bridges the gap between art and video games. It has amazing production values and cinemaitcal satisfying gameplay.

The game is a true gem to be cherished for ages. I can't see why people would dislike this game. It does everything right.

Because of people like you. Simple enough?
I for example never cared about the game much because I don't like the genre, but you guys have overhyped it so much that it looks like the best game in history of gaming.

I go to ps3 boards tlou topics flood, ps4 boards - same thing.
There are two TLoU boards and POST ON THESE, I don't want 2 TLoU topics (that are the same all the time btw) per page on hardware boards.
Got it?
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#8yenmaster1Posted 4/14/2014 9:54:52 AM(edited)
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...

Glad to see you left out good gameplay because TLOU doesn't have it. Everything you praised about the game refers to movie qualities, not video games. That's why the game sucked and was disappointing.
#9GynthaeresPosted 4/14/2014 9:59:22 AM
I came in with a serious answer. Then I saw it was just a troll topic. I guess I'll give a serious answer anyway, just because I like to do that.

It's a mediocre third person shooter with an underdeveloped stealth system, filled with gaming contrivances. Interspersed throughout the game are some pretty good cutscenes that tell an interesting story. However the story and the gameplay are kept 100% separate.

Is it a decent game? Sure, I'd give it a 7/10. Is it a masterpiece? Well, maybe if you're like, 15, and haven't played a game with a story deeper than CoD's or something.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#10kingrat2314Posted 4/14/2014 10:16:30 AM
It's a meme around here to call tlou a terrible game. You shouldn't pay any attention to them.
---
"You gonna just keep running away?!"
"Just keep running away? ...I'm not running."