This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How should i go about playing the mass effect trilogy?

#1razidPosted 4/15/2014 7:53:04 PM
I know there's a lot of choices involved. Should i go through the entire trilogy with one character or replay the 1st one multiple times, then move on to the 2nd and replay multiple times, then move on to the third?
---
Take care of yourself
#2Battleship_GrayPosted 4/15/2014 7:54:03 PM
One character at a time, all the way through, would be the most effective I'd think
---
http://i.imgur.com/WaTuaNN.jpg
#3RJones416Posted 4/15/2014 8:02:21 PM
why replay multiple times?
#4theshovellerPosted 4/15/2014 8:10:49 PM
For different outcomes to individual events, and because it's fun. I have probably five, six total characters I've played through most of the trilogy with - just working my way through ME3 with them when I get the chance.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#5Battleship_GrayPosted 4/15/2014 8:22:48 PM
RJones416 posted...
why replay multiple times?

Different classes, different decisions. The classes alone warranted multiple playthroughs for me. A Soldier run was totally different from a Biotic run.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WaTuaNN.jpg
#6Chr0noidPosted 4/15/2014 8:30:12 PM
Here's what you do TC

1. Play through Mass Effect 1 and revel in all its splendors. Savor its top-notch atmosphere, enjoy the fun, albeit unpolished gameplay. Play through it multiple times to get that exact save you want for Mass Effect 2.

2. Start up Mass Effect 2 and import your save from ME 1. You're in for a hell of a ride with an incredible cast of characters and character interaction. Play it in its entirety and see all it has to offer. And then....

3. I want you take your copy of Mass Effect 3, throw it into a garbage can, pile a bunch of clothes on top of it, douse the whole thing with kerosene, light a match, toss it in there and let the flames run wild. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just pretend this game does not exist. Mass Effect ended after 2. Run TC. Run, and never look back.
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#7brolynickPosted 4/15/2014 11:52:53 PM
Do exactly what the poster above me suggested, except for step 3 you:

3. Play through Mass Effect 3 and have a great time.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#8Justice98405Posted 4/16/2014 12:00:51 AM
One character, through each game in order, play them and just enjoy them, they're amazing games. Don't spoil things, don't read FAQs, just play 'em.

And Mass Effect 3 IS a great game, I WAS disappointed in the ending and the last 30 minutes overall of the game, but EVERYTHING leading up to that last 30 minutes was awesome. So it's still a fantastic game overall.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#9dailyactionPosted 4/16/2014 12:10:27 AM
---
I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.
#10rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/16/2014 3:00:55 AM
Justice98405 posted...
One character, through each game in order, play them and just enjoy them, they're amazing games. Don't spoil things, don't read FAQs, just play 'em.

And Mass Effect 3 IS a great game, I WAS disappointed in the ending and the last 30 minutes overall of the game, but EVERYTHING leading up to that last 30 minutes was awesome. So it's still a fantastic game overall.

Pretty much this. Anyone who says that the entirety of ME3 is bad is just being completely foolish. It's a great game, but the ending really is that bad, and I know for me it put me off Mass Effect for a long while; I didn't think I'd ever want to replay the games and it made me sad to think about. But I did eventually go back and play through the trilogy again, and the ending was easier to take the second time around, though that also probably had to do with the Extended Ending, which wasn't out the first time I played it.

Also don't skimp on the DLC.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Playing: FFXIV (server: Lamia)