This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last Of Us 2...

#1GuyFawkes5Posted 4/16/2014 12:36:43 AM(edited)
read some info, it was posted while back but Naughty Dog stated there were "considering" TLOU2 or maybe just a new IP. they also stated "brainstorming" The Last Of Us movie that would tie into the game.

lets says another was made, do u see it being another person(s) story?

END SPOILERS PAST THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the way The Last Of Us ended, I don't see it being Joel an Ellie. ND even stated IF another was made, it would not be their story.

opinions?
---
Resistance is Victory
#2zombie_basher13Posted 4/16/2014 12:38:37 AM
If there is a TLoU 2, then I think it should definitely have new main characters, and pull away from Joel and Ellie; you know, do something new, and be creative. They could get some kind of reference at most, but it should either be a prequel or set some 10-50+ years after first game, imo.
---
Final Fantasy XII is underrated.
#3GuyFawkes5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 12:41:28 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
If there is a TLoU 2, then I think it should definitely have new main characters, and pull away from Joel and Ellie; you know, do something new, and be creative. They could get some kind of reference at most, but it should either be a prequel or set some 10-50+ years after first game, imo.

yeah that would be cool. I am not saying it would be bad if another was made, but imo I think just one would be perfect. I see another being decent, but I don't think it'll come close to the first in the sense of shock factor, story, and character relationship.
---
Resistance is Victory
#4Justice98405Posted 4/16/2014 12:45:31 AM
I'd rather them work on another new IP, but IF there is a Last of Us sequel (I LOVED The Last of Us, start to finish, it was pure excellence), I'd like to see it be at least 5 to 10 years later, and I'd like to at least see what happened to Joel and Ellie, but I don't think they should be the main characters again, we had their story, and it was a very complete story, but I would love to see how they're doing a number of years later, at least in a big scene or chapter or something.

But again, I'd rather them work on another new IP.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5zombie_basher13Posted 4/16/2014 12:46:29 AM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

yeah that would be cool. I am not saying it would be bad if another was made, but imo I think just one would be perfect. I see another being decent, but I don't think it'll come close to the first in the sense of shock factor, story, and character relationship.

I can understand where you're coming from, but my view on it is the first was so damn good and precisely for that reason there should be more of it. The team behind it is obviously talented and motivated, I'm sure they would find a way to make a sequel worthwhile. And sequels oftentimes surpass their predecessors.
---
Final Fantasy XII is underrated.
#6GuyFawkes5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 12:47:18 AM
Justice98405 posted...
I'd rather them work on another new IP, but IF there is a Last of Us sequel (I LOVED The Last of Us, start to finish, it was pure excellence), I'd like to see it be at least 5 to 10 years later, and I'd like to at least see what happened to Joel and Ellie, but I don't think they should be the main characters again, we had their story, and it was a very complete story, but I would love to see how they're doing a number of years later, at least in a big scene or chapter or something.
But again, I'd rather them work on another new IP.

agreed with what u said about a new IP. again I think TLOU should be one of those games just left alone!!, I know it has its Left Behind DLC, but still.
---
Resistance is Victory
#7LoveddupPosted 4/16/2014 2:06:22 AM
A sequel set in TLoU universe would be good, not a continuation of Ellie though, unless it's more DLC.
---
Why?
#8brolynickPosted 4/16/2014 3:07:32 AM
Wouldn't mind new main characters where you maybe meet up with an adult Ellie down the line. One of the reasons I love TLoU is because I love Ellie and Joel, so for selfish reasons I want at least one of them still in.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#9calhoun1389Posted 4/16/2014 4:01:15 AM
Drop Nathan Drake in there to tie the series together. Why? Well, why not? It's about as needed as a sequel to TLOU.
---
The series finale to HIMYM was one of the most BS endings I've ever seen on TV.
http://backloggery.com/calhoun1389
#10You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/16/2014 6:38:33 AM
Wouldn't a sequel go against the very name of the game? Sorta like how irony surrounds Final Fantasy's title?

Also, I chuckled at the part about a tie-in movie, as if a movie needs another one to "tie-in"...

...seriously though, if they expand and actually make it...y'know...a game this time, but using similar ideas, a survival game with emphasis on stealth, but one that you actually...y'know...play, I could see it being good. TLoU had good foundation, but it felt like they pulled an NG3 and released it a year before it was actually finished. It should have been much better than it was, and really could have been.