This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 for 19.99 or FC compilation for 40?

#1handszPosted 4/16/2014 9:10:49 AM
I need a new game to play and was interested in this mainly because I'm a fan of open world games. I already played Blood Dragon which I enjoyed very much but never played 3. I know there is a Far Cry compilation but it's 40 and I already got Blood Dragon so basically I would be getting FC 2 + 3 for that price. I didn't hear a lot of good things about the 2nd game so I'm leaning towards the first option.
#2este914Posted 4/16/2014 9:12:32 AM
I think if you are in the EU you get Far Cry 1 with the compilation as well.
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#3handsz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 9:15:58 AM
este914 posted...
I think if you are in the EU you get Far Cry 1 with the compilation as well.

That would be nice unfortunately I'm in US and it comes with 2, 3 and BD.
#4digressivePosted 4/16/2014 9:32:38 AM
I loved FC3, but I haven't been able to get into FC2. I keep trying, but it hasn't grabbed me yet.
#5IngExBeinPosted 4/16/2014 9:35:14 AM
Just get Blood Dragon. Infinitely more fun than either of those options.
#6handsz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 9:43:14 AM
IngExBein posted...

I already played and own a digital copy of BD, but I heard FC 3 was pretty good too so I wanted to give it a shot.
#7IngExBeinPosted 4/16/2014 9:44:03 AM
handsz posted...
IngExBein posted...

I already played and own a digital copy of BD, but I heard FC 3 was pretty good too so I wanted to give it a shot.

Fair enough!

3 isn't half bad.
#8handsz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 9:47:15 AM
IngExBein posted...
handsz posted...
IngExBein posted...

Fair enough!

3 isn't half bad.

Guess I'm gonna go with FC3 for 20. 2 doesn't seem interesting to me and that would be putting down another 20 for the compilation. Thanks
#9RobotPirteGhostPosted 4/16/2014 10:09:06 AM
If you already played Blood Dragon, just get 3.

Though the Blood Dragon that comes with the Compilation is a download code, so you could sell the code if you really wanted to. Not sure if FC2 is worth the extra trouble though.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#10HyperProtomanXPosted 4/16/2014 10:28:38 AM
I'm in the position where I already have BD. I could get the Compilation for 40, or separate physical copies of 2 and 3 for 15 each and a digital copy of 1 for 10 (digital anyway), so the same price overall. I guess I could sell the download code for BD from the compilation, but then again, I like having separate copies for my games.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how much I'd like the games. I loved BD, but that's mostly because I liked its sense of humor and I'm a big fan of the movies it parodied. If I bought everything separately, I could try them off one at a time to see if I'd like the series.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!