This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wild arms (PS1 Classic) any good?

#11SirMixahLotPosted 4/18/2014 7:37:25 AM
WA1 was better. Not perfect, but better.
WA2... bothers me forever.
---
PSN: M1x4h // Retired NYC FGC 3xOG since 1999
Current: FFXHD / Diablo 3 / Dragon's Crown
#12OGSamirPSN(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 7:56:00 AM
Well, I'm definitely gonna buy this...but when I have my vita, because I honestly just can't play games like that on my playstation, but it's perfect for a vita/psp. So, thanks guys.
---
Currently playing: Jak & Daxter Precursor legacy, Ni No Kuni wrath of the white witch.
Currently trying to plat: Spec ops The Line. PSN OGSamir / SamirO-G
#13thisranksPosted 4/18/2014 7:59:35 AM
I agree that it's great, but then again i own and fully conquered all the NA PS Wild Arms games.

Loving RPGs is a good thing.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#144sakuraHa0Posted 4/18/2014 8:18:05 AM
Very good.
Lots of secrets and sidequests.

The story is very good also, typical JRPG but not cheesy.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#15wh0_kn0wsPosted 4/18/2014 8:24:59 AM
i played it at release, i thought it wasn't very memorable and would skip it
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#16TiredofhearinguPosted 4/18/2014 8:27:47 AM
yes
#17Justice98405Posted 4/18/2014 8:27:59 AM
"Well, I'm definitely gonna buy this...but when I have my vita, because I honestly just can't play games like that on my playstation, but it's perfect for a vita/psp. So, thanks guys."

Are you getting an OLED Vita or one of the newer ones? I don't know how the new ones look, but the PS1 Classics on the OLED screen look REALLY good. The super vivid colors that the Vita itself and/or that OLED screen really make the PS1 games look better than ever before, and those pixels on a much smaller display also makes a difference too, I'm guessing.

Good call either way I'll bet though.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#18themegaman7Posted 4/18/2014 8:42:43 AM
The music is really good, but otherwise I find it pretty average.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- NISSAN > ICE CAR -
#19RygonPosted 4/18/2014 8:53:24 AM
I've actually been playing it the last couple months. I wonder if anyone else had a recent playthrough. The strengths of the game are the music and the dungeons. Unfortunately, the dungeons turn more into standard grindy labyrinths towards the end with less tool puzzles. The combat is just... really boring. Auto-battle is appropriate for almost every random encounter and I used pretty much the same moves in boss battles the whole way. Whichever Rudy's best ARM is, Jack has a superb skill like midway through that still out damaged later stuff, and Cecilia does healing and buffing. So even boss fights, which are the most desirable battles, are all kind of the same. Actually, often literally the same since no one ever freaking dies and you fight the same guys like five times each. Presentation is top notch. Again, great music and the town graphics were very pleasing with the way OLED makes the colors pop. It seemed to be a lot better looking than when I played on PSX. Story isn't very good at all, but the setting is unique and cool. I haven't played Wild Arms 2 since release, but I remember liking that much more, though I think in general the odd numbered games are the ones fans praise.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#20wh0_kn0wsPosted 4/18/2014 9:03:16 AM
Rygon posted...
Presentation is top notch. Again, great music and the town graphics were very pleasing with the way OLED makes the colors

i agree, the 2D stuff is nice and it's especially jarring when you're thrown into the ugly 3D battles
---
it's simple. just be nice.