This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the difference between a kiddie game and a game for everyone

#1gamerofthenightPosted 4/18/2014 3:07:37 PM
this sounds strange but whats the difference between a game for kids only and a game for all ages
#2ShinXaguraPosted 4/18/2014 3:25:54 PM(edited)
They're same. There're no rated called Kid only except rated E (everyone)
---
My life is Disgaea.
#3NCPwnPosted 4/18/2014 3:19:29 PM
I never understood the "kiddie" game concept.

So are you saying it's too "kiddie" to take a nap or eat a snack?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst, The Last of Us
#4shaka de virgemPosted 4/18/2014 3:55:18 PM(edited)
I think the difference is the same as a G-rated and a PG-rated movie.Sure,the more audiences you have,the better,but the G-rating indicates that it's too exclusively targeted to little kids,while a PG-rating may be a sign that audiences other than kids may enjoy them and may want to consume their products as well,not just for the little kids.That's why some movies throw a "damn" or even "s***" just to avoid the G-rating(which was deliberately done to the Secret of NIMH,for example,and yet it was still rated G,despite even having blood.).
The equivalent of that in video games would be the EC rating,usually for games considered educational and for preschool kids.While the E rating is a game that may be harmless,but with content that literally everyone can enjoy(like a Super Mario or a Pokemon game),there's also a E+10 rating for games with content just a bit more intense content than a normal "E"
---
3DS friend code: 2707-2406-9689
#5ViciousXl2Posted 4/18/2014 3:48:56 PM
Super easy difficulty, I'd say
Crammed with reminders and tutorials
And the general aesthetic.

No one's going to mistake the Teletubbies for the Geth
---
Cryptic Metaphor!
#6REMercsChampPosted 4/18/2014 3:51:41 PM
kiddie is stuff like pokemon, kingdom hearts, ni no kuni

for everyone is more like gran turismo, virtua tennis, zelda
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#7ArsenicSteelPosted 4/18/2014 4:23:30 PM
What the hell is so hard about this? Google, Wiki, Yahoo, etc all have this answer and it will be easy to find without all the static from people on here that are fairly misguided by their own biases.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

There is a rating just for children, it's called EC. And these ratings are just meant to cutoff on the youngest allowable able. There is no rating system that limits the max age.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#8Godly_GoofPosted 4/18/2014 4:26:11 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
kiddie is stuff like Pokemon, kingdom hearts, ni no kuni

for everyone is more like gran turismo, virtua tennis, zelda

Lol, too funny.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#9KCJ5062Posted 4/18/2014 4:41:15 PM
I hate when people use "kiddie" as a reason to put down a game. If they want to say that the game doesn't appeal to them and not their type of game I can understand. To call it "kiddie" though just makes that person sound like an insecure child that wants to appear more grown up.

Games that can actually be even considered "kiddie" are ones that are literally geared towards kids ages 5 and under. Things like Barney, Dora The Explorer, Go Diego Go etc. Whereas games like Mario, Donkey Kong etc. can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of age. Just like a lot of Disney and Pixar movies.
#10totemguyPosted 4/18/2014 4:56:27 PM
My idea of a kiddie game as an example is Go Diego Go Safari Adventure( my 3 year old beat it in an hour) overly simplified and leads you by the hand.
For everyone would be Lego Batman.
---
"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. " HGTG
PSN= Totemguy, XBL= totemguy