This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Chrono games a must buy if u love jrpgs...never played them

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are the Chrono games a must buy if u love jrpgs...never played them
1 year ago#1
I'll either buy them or persona arena....already bought tales of symphonia chronicles
---
PSN:Nj-Keen19 || 3DSFC: 0619-3809-4534
(edited by Nj-Keen19)
(message deleted)
1 year ago#3
Chrono Trigger, for many, is the definitive console-style RPG
I played Cross for a few hours, but it didn't really get me the way CT did.
---
Brevity is the soul of wit
1 year ago#4
if a fan buy it
if not avoid it.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 478 bronze, 165 silver, 70 gold, 13 platinum
currently playing: need for speed: the run, hot pursuit (autolog shuts down next month)
1 year ago#5
Trigger is pretty good. Never played Cross. Will do one day, though.
---
Now playing: Dead Space 3 - PS3
1 year ago#6
Chrono Cross is great, (better then Trigger in my opinion), and has some of the best music ever in an RPG.
---
Now Playing: Dragon Age: Origins (PS3), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Last Played: Metal Gear Rising, (8/10), DmC: Devil May Cry, (9/10)
1 year ago#7
i liked cross.... that one used to be one of my owned ps3 games until i sold it.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 478 bronze, 165 silver, 70 gold, 13 platinum
currently playing: need for speed: the run, hot pursuit (autolog shuts down next month)
(message deleted)
1 year ago#9
Chrono Trigger is a must play for any JRPG fan, if you have a DS I would suggest getting that version though as its updated and has the movies and such. I still have my original SNES cartridge of Chrono Trigger.

I prefer CT but Chrono Cross is still an amazing game. It has a ton of characters which you can only get under specific circumstances so that adds to the replayability. The music is so damn good and overall its just a really fun nice looking game. Not necessarily a must play but if you are a fan of JRPGs you should give it a shot.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic
1 year ago#10
I've played through them many times. They're not going to be for everyone, but if you like old school rpgs then they are a must.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are the Chrono games a must buy if u love jrpgs...never played them

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived