This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Chrono games a must buy if u love jrpgs...never played them

#41Robert_Griffin3Posted 4/30/2014 12:28:40 PM
^^ Honestly sounds like you agree but continue to argue anyway. Chrono Trigger is treated like it is THE perfect RPG. And it isn't. There's no such thing. It's overrated.
#42SuigintouEVPosted 4/30/2014 12:52:12 PM(edited)
The same can be said about 100% of everything good. Everything is overated because it's not perfect and yet someone somewhere thinks it is. But then what's the point of the word?

The word has its use for describing things that are put on a pedestal for one element, but severely lacking in another. Xenogears, and I do love it, is an example of overated, because for all its god tier story, it's actually a chore to play a second time.

No one is glossing over the bad parts of Chrono Trigger because it really doesn't have any. It's not perfect but it's pretty much well-rounded and excellent. I've played like, three fresh run throughs of the damn game with like ten-fifteen new game plus runs and I've never gotten bored of it over the last 20 years or so that it's been out. I've never once thought it even has a "great" story or "great characters" or a "great" battle system yet it's a "great" game.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#43GeminiX7Posted 4/30/2014 12:46:41 PM
Chrono Trigger is one of the best JRPGs ever made. If you are a fan of the genre, definitely play it at least once.

Chrono Cross is a very good RPG as well, but know that it does NOT play like a sequel to CT. If you are expecting Chrono Trigger 2 you will be very dissapointed.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#44SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/30/2014 1:56:00 PM(edited)
Robert_Griffin3 posted...
^^ Honestly sounds like you agree but continue to argue anyway. Chrono Trigger is treated like it is THE perfect RPG. And it isn't. There's no such thing. It's overrated.

The game may not be perfect, but it is flawless.

And I'm pretty sure even the most diehard fan realizes the game isn't the best at everything.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#4591sivicPosted 4/30/2014 1:55:30 PM
To me, both games were amazing at its time and worth a play if you didn't try it yet.

I personally love Chrono Trigger out of the two and it is one of my all time favorites.
#46SuigintouEVPosted 4/30/2014 2:36:30 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Examples on filler please.

Clearly they're talking about that one part in the beginning of the game where you run around enjoying a carnival and doing stuff like buying candy and helping a little girl find her cat.

... oh wait, even that ends up mattering 10 hours later.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#47ShinXaguraPosted 4/30/2014 2:42:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Chrono's Games. My answer is no.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#48SniperWolf224Posted 5/1/2014 4:44:14 AM
Wow lots of haters on here. I didn't think it was possible to play Chrono Trigger and not like it...it's just such a lovable game.
---
"I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle."
-Sniper Wolf
#49SneakiestNegPosted 5/1/2014 5:07:50 AM
Playing chrono and xenogears makes you wonder where it all went wrong. Too much focus on final fantasy?
#50SinfullyvannilaPosted 5/1/2014 5:43:43 AM
^ It just makes you realize they were exceptional games.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.