This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help choosing a game..

#1scottveggiesPosted 5/8/2014 7:40:58 AM
Hello everyone, having a hard time choosing a game and figured id come here and see if I could get help. I'm stuck between Metal Gear Solid (psx classic), Chrono Trigger, or Psychonauts. I have Psychonauts on Steam but I love it so much I'm considering picking it up again since it's only $5 on PSN. As for Chrono Trigger and MGS, I have always wanted to play them but never got the chance when I was younger. What do you guys think?
#2toadiemanPosted 5/8/2014 7:45:42 AM
Chrono trigger
---
PSN:toadieman
#3BrunozaynPosted 5/8/2014 7:52:23 AM
I don't about chrono trigger but I know mgs
I suggest you just buy resident evil 2 and 3 or final fantasy vii it's only ps1 game I like
#4Megathorn22Posted 5/8/2014 7:55:35 AM
Go with MGS first. It's a lot shorter than CT, so you can knock that one out and then spend time on CT.
---
Current pull list: Daredevil, Captain America, Uncanny Avengers, The Mighty Thor, Green Lantern, Flash, Ghostbusters
#5scottveggies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:59:38 AM
Megathorn22 posted...
Go with MGS first. It's a lot shorter than CT, so you can knock that one out and then spend time on CT.

But isn't Chrono Trigger horrible on PSN due to load times and stuff? Every time I see Chrono Trigger and Playstation in the same sentence it's always "Don't get it. Horrible load times."
#6Megathorn22Posted 5/8/2014 8:06:53 AM
I don't know, I've never played CT off PSN. Is the PSN your only choice for CT? If so, then just get it regardless. Game will still be great.
---
Current pull list: Daredevil, Captain America, Uncanny Avengers, The Mighty Thor, Green Lantern, Flash, Ghostbusters
#7scottveggies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:23:30 AM
Megathorn22 posted...
I don't know, I've never played CT off PSN. Is the PSN your only choice for CT? If so, then just get it regardless. Game will still be great.

The load times for battles are like 7-8 seconds and since I've never played the game I don't know if that's super bad or not.
#8toadiemanPosted 5/8/2014 8:27:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fOqO5rwwhQ

It's not that bad.
---
PSN:toadieman
#9scottveggies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:34:17 AM
toadieman posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fOqO5rwwhQ

It's not that bad.

Hmm... It doesn't seem as bad as they say it is, but maybe it gets bad after awhile or something? I'm honestly not sure if it's better to buy it on PSN or just use an emulator like I've seen others say to do since I don't own a DS or an original SNES.
#10Megathorn22Posted 5/8/2014 8:41:44 AM
Yikes. Yeah, that loading sounds pretty bad. But, like I said. If PSN is your only option, still get it. Game is worth the loading times.
---