This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you play: Blaze Right Through or Take Your Time?

#11Ghost_61636Posted 5/8/2014 3:11:20 PM
I always take my time initially but if a game bores me or stops catching my attention I then start speeding through things, avoiding fights, ignoring quests, etc.
---
FC: 4484-8954-1471
#12ClassicRichPosted 5/8/2014 3:15:03 PM
Blaze through like a falling meteor
---
PSN: ClassicRichard, add me anytime
Keep it classy.
#13Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 4:28:26 PM
ClassicRich posted...
Blaze through like a falling meteor

XD
I'm not joking; that was hilarious.
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#14arczero_xPosted 5/8/2014 4:30:25 PM
I often blaze through. I did take my time on games mostly RPGs before but I feel like I had to stop so that I can move on to other games that I want to play. (I have a huge backlog)
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#15poolmav2007Posted 5/8/2014 4:43:08 PM
I'm (self-proclaimed) slowest gamer in the world, especially if exploring is involved. I check out the architecture on game buildings and can spend a lot of time just looking at the smallest details.

I was playing Tomb Raider when my friend came over and he saw me spending 20 minutes looking at the bones and crates in one of the caves. He said, "Are you some damn anthropologist, just play the damn game." Ever since then he pokes fun of me. I tell him, will somebody created this object and most people won't even notice it. I even check to see if there is knots in the wood. I really study the environment and pose question to myself about the realistic aspects of the environment. After a about an hour or two I get back to the game for a while then back to exploration.

So yeah, I almost always take my time.
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#16blassterPosted 5/8/2014 6:26:03 PM
Blaze right through first time, because if it's fun, I will most likely replay it to get 100%. Most RPG nowadays also have the option to skip cutscenes, so it is more bearable to replay it.

But if not, just move on to another game.
---
Anticipating: DeSu2 BR, BBCP, MGS5, New Rorona.
I actually feel more embarrassed to purchase AKB48 DVD compared to any kind of game / anime / manga.
#17silly_sausagePosted 5/8/2014 7:41:52 PM
99% of the time, I'll take my time and savour it, backlog be damned.

Valkyria Chronicles is one exception I can think of. I really wasn't enjoying any aspect of it at all. But because once I start a story, I need to see it through to the end, I just Scout rushed any stage I could, and did few sidequests. No desire to replay it.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#18carsaucePosted 5/8/2014 7:50:14 PM
Take me sweet long time enjoying everything and spending 15 mins through my inventory.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous