This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you want a JRPG to show breasts like in God of War?

#1Jx1010Posted 5/9/2014 8:37:20 AM
for PS3 - Results (40 votes)
Yes
52.5% (21 votes)
No
47.5% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I really think it is unnecessary and God of War looks silly showing this but I wonder if I am in the minority, either way its good to hear other people's opinions.
Personally I would prefer video games to keep nudity out and tone down on the violence but hey, its just my opinion.
#2Godly_GoofPosted 5/9/2014 8:39:14 AM
Was one stupid topic about this not enough?
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#3JinKisaragi211Posted 5/9/2014 8:42:00 AM
Persona 3, one of the greatest JRPGs of all time, has nudity in it.
---
They call me Hadouken. 'Cuz I'm Down, Right, Fierce!
#4Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 8:42:25 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Was one stupid topic about this not enough?

hey bro, bro, dont u read the information under the poll bro?
#5Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 8:42:48 AM
JinKisaragi211 posted...

no way, I didnt find any.... u sure?
#6alienfetucinePosted 5/9/2014 8:55:04 AM
Jx1010 posted...
JinKisaragi211 posted...

no way, I didnt find any.... u sure?

They're probably talking about the High Priestess boss or some other monstrous-but-feminine Shadow. Or the shower scene during the lead-up to the Lovers boss.
---
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
#7ArsenicSteelPosted 5/9/2014 8:59:27 AM
I already have JRPGs that show that and a lot more.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#8ATTACK__CATPosted 5/9/2014 9:04:55 AM(edited)
depends if its done in a mature way.

if its the typical anime forced fan service then hell no. if its done tastefully/maturely then I don't really see a problem. I don't really see a benefit either unless you are a horny teenage without the internet, but whatever.

I can't really think of many examples (and in video games there aren't many anyway)…

if its handled like say the original ghost in the shell movie… then thats fine.

if its handled like most anime… I probably wouldn't of played through the rest of the anime S*** to reach that point. also they'd probably look about 12 if it was like 'most' anime.
#9HighwayPilotPosted 5/9/2014 9:08:23 AM
No. Nudity isn't necessary.
#10ATTACK__CATPosted 5/9/2014 9:27:56 AM
HighwayPilot posted...
No. Nudity isn't necessary.

same could be said for blood and even violence.

but at the same time it almost always bothers me in games when I hit someone with a sword and no blood comes out. especially when the game is ALREADY an 18. I mean come on, who are you protecting?

theres not being overly bloody, and then there is literally 'no blood'. look at a film like pulp fiction (or kill bill). if you just cut all the blood out… it would seem unnatural. when someone gets sliced with a sword they bleed. when they get shot repeatedly they bleed.

I actually found it quite refreshing/hilarious in dragon age:origins when a cutscene starts and your character is practically painted in blood.

its not about bloodlust, its about realism and (ugh hate this word) immersion.

you suspend your disbelief on a lot of things (say magic etc) but the idea human anatomy stops containing blood is a little too ridiculous.

as for a good JRPG that had a sensible mature attitude to blood… look no further than shadow hearts. its not excessive, its not OTT, but it is also not people getting shot in the face and/or brutally murdered with zero blood.

what reason do you have NOT to include blood if it 'should' be there in that situation?

same with nudity. if your going to have a sex scene fine have nudity, I am not against it, as long as its not some lolicon anime BS.

it COULD certainly add depth to two characters relationship without ever actually being on screen sex…

or it could just be s/he got hit by a giant fireball attack and his/her clothes got somewhat burned. no need for snarky comments or whatever, or cheesy anime nonsense.