This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Souls series the only thing keeping From alive?

#1yamas11Posted 5/12/2014 1:53:21 PM
Does From even have any other series that could allow them to get as much sales as the Souls games?
---
This is my sig
#2DotsAndLinesPosted 5/12/2014 1:54:14 PM
Armored Core has a dedicated fanbase.
---
The GameFAQs Thought Police is watching YOU.
#3CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 1:54:42 PM
yamas11 posted...
Does From even have any other series that could allow them to get as much sales as the Souls games?

Considering none of their games were ever big sellers in the past I don't think it's an issue.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#4KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/12/2014 1:54:53 PM
CammyApple posted...
yamas11 posted...

Considering none of their games were ever big sellers in the past I don't think it's an issue.

This.
#5CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 2:03:44 PM
Also before someone loses their butt and goes nerd rage I'll point out I enjoy many of their other games and series. I feel that they make quality games, as well as some real horrible ones too. I'm simply saying their games never sold well in the past. Sales numbers have never been a "thing" for FROM.
---
#6KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/12/2014 2:06:18 PM
CammyApple posted...
Also before someone loses their butt and goes nerd rage I'll point out I enjoy many of their other games and series. I feel that they make quality games, as well as some real horrible ones too. I'm simply saying their games never sold well in the past. Sales numbers have never been a "thing" for FROM.

Translation - They are niche. #dealwithit

Got you covered.
#7CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 2:07:39 PM
KyoReiseTaisen posted...
CammyApple posted...

Translation - They are niche. #dealwithit

Got you covered.

Bingo bango.

Still bummed I missed the King's Field Dark Side Box when it came out.
---
#8shawnmckPosted 5/12/2014 4:17:39 PM
They also make the Armored Core series, but it has limited appeal.
The Souls series is their BIGGEST franchise by far.
But it should be kept in mind that they are a small Developing studio...its hard to branch out when you are a small company and thus can't just start multiple games at the same time.
And with the success of the Souls series, its possible that they can branch out and try new things.
Give them another ten years, and they will probably have a bigger library of titles.
#9CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 7:02:56 PM
shawnmck posted...
They also make the Armored Core series, but it has limited appeal.
The Souls series is their BIGGEST franchise by far.
But it should be kept in mind that they are a small Developing studio...its hard to branch out when you are a small company and thus can't just start multiple games at the same time.
And with the success of the Souls series, its possible that they can branch out and try new things.
Give them another ten years, and they will probably have a bigger library of titles.

I wouldn't be so sure. Since 94 they essentially have two franchises. The Armored Core series which peaked in quality a while ago. And The King's Field/Souls series. The pop out a one off game here and there but really that's it.

In ten years the library will likely be larger, but they will be Souls or Armored Core titles. Maybe a Chromehounds 2. Perhaps another first person RPG.
---
#10AenemanPosted 5/12/2014 7:40:44 PM
They did 3D Dot didnt they? I'll have another of those please!
---
"Mornin'!"
"Mornin'... best time of day to go f*** yourself!"