This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Souls series the only thing keeping From alive?

#11CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 7:46:10 PM
Aeneman posted...
They did 3D Dot didnt they? I'll have another of those please!

Silicon Software developed. FROM Published (in Japan, Atlus in NA, Southpeak Games EU).

So no FROM didn't do 3D Dot.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#12theshovellerPosted 5/12/2014 7:49:43 PM
Aeneman posted...

I don't think they did, though they did reference Demon's Souls in it once or twice (same with Ys and Zelda and a bunch of other popular games the studio's not affiliated with.)

I could swear they did something other than Armored Core and King's Field that I liked, but I'm drawing a blank on it. I think it was Chromehounds, since I never really had a chance to play it online (hooray crappy satellite connection.)
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#13CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 7:51:20 PM
theshoveller posted...
Aeneman posted...

I don't think they did, though they did reference Demon's Souls in it once or twice (same with Ys and Zelda and a bunch of other popular games the studio's not affiliated with.)

I could swear they did something other than Armored Core and King's Field that I liked, but I'm drawing a blank on it. I think it was Chromehounds, since I never really had a chance to play it online (hooray crappy satellite connection.)

They did Chromehounds yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_developed_by_From_Software
---
#14SauceyWombatPosted 5/12/2014 10:28:13 PM
Lollipop Chainsaw publisher Kadokawa has acquired From Software, developer of the Armored Core and Dark Souls franchises, according to an announcement on Anime News Network (thanks All Games Beta).

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/151058/from-software-sold

Here's hoping this means good things.
---
There are no girls on the internet, girls are guys, guys are guys, and children are the FBI.
#15CammyApplePosted 5/12/2014 10:29:46 PM
SauceyWombat posted...
Lollipop Chainsaw publisher Kadokawa has acquired From Software, developer of the Armored Core and Dark Souls franchises, according to an announcement on Anime News Network (thanks All Games Beta).

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/151058/from-software-sold

Here's hoping this means good things.

Why would this mean anything good or bad?
---
#16hijokaidenPosted 5/12/2014 10:42:24 PM
They were in a pretty bad shape after Enchanted Arms flopped so hard.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#17CammyApplePosted 5/13/2014 8:25:06 AM
hijokaiden posted...
They were in a pretty bad shape after Enchanted Arms flopped so hard.

Oddly enough I think [eM] got pretty good reviews too.

Also they have never really been in "bad shape". They've made games that appeal to a minority and didn't seem concerned with sales or catering to those outside of their target audience.

If not for that type of development we wouldn't have got the Souls series. Though in honesty I would have been just fine with a new King's Field and still hold out hope we may get one one day.
---