This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Tails Of games have been a huge letdown

#1NCPwnPosted 5/12/2014 3:59:40 PM
So much so, that now, I hate the entire Tales franchise. The games are getting repetitive and boring. Having played much better JRPG last gen, I can see how stale the franchise is getting. My first Tales game was Symphonia which I enjoyed. The Tales of Graces had a bad plot, dialog, cast, fighting system, everything.

I think my major problem, is having played just terrific games like Rainbow Moon and The Last of Us. I just went back to Xillia. The graphics look like Zelda OoT for me. Not sure if it is because of playing on the PS4 as of lately, but I've only given it 2 hours, and the linear maps, terrible fighting system is getting to me.

I'm sure some people enjoy it. but I don't know why. Is it because it's like a fighter/RPG hybrid battle system? Or because of multiplayer JRPG?

Do you have to enjoy anime to get into it? I don't really like WRPG like Skyrim and the lot, but just can't get into this series anymore. I am sad.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2Chr0noidPosted 5/12/2014 4:02:34 PM
I am inclined to agree. Didn't like Xillia all that much for some reason. I hear Xillia 2 is supposed to be better but I'm not holding my breath. Graces was abominable in every way imaginable. I just want Vesperia for PS3 localized. But that would require Namco to have a heart. And to not be bribed by Microsoft.
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#3KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/12/2014 4:02:46 PM
They generally ARE. Tales is a subpar RPG series.
#4Chr0noidPosted 5/12/2014 4:04:19 PM(edited)
KyoReiseTaisen posted...

Oh boy here we go. ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD!
*dives to the ground*
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#5shadowenclave47Posted 5/12/2014 4:04:42 PM
I only played Graces f so far and i love it and want to play some of the others too new and old.
---
Super Saiyan God isn't even my final form.
#6NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 4:05:25 PM
KyoReiseTaisen posted...

I agree, but I feel the same with Final Fantasy as well.
---
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#7alienfetucinePosted 5/12/2014 4:06:21 PM
KyoReiseTaisen posted...

Eh, they're really fun to play, that's more than I can say about at least 50% of JRPGs.
---
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
#8NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 4:06:23 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
I only played Graces f so far and i love it and want to play some of the others too new and old.

Try FF13 if you enjoyed Graces F. Both don't have world maps, and corridors for you to transverse though.
---
#9Chr0noidPosted 5/12/2014 4:07:01 PM
NCPwn posted...

Try FF13 if you enjoyed Graces F. Both don't have world maps, and corridors for you to transverse though.

lol, burn
---
#10shadowenclave47Posted 5/12/2014 4:07:37 PM
NCPwn posted...

I have played FF13 but didn't beat it.
---
Super Saiyan God isn't even my final form.