This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying the ps3 once I get my salary. (Games recommendations)

#1AionFicPosted 5/19/2014 2:26:50 AM
I'm currently super stoked for persona 5, alas, it's not releasing in the west this year. Due to my impatient nature i decided to buy the ps3 ahead of time before P5 releases, and I was wondering what games I should buy in the meantime for the ps3 preferably ps3 exclusive Jrpgs but exclusive/non-exclusive games from other genres are welcome. (Buying all games at once along w/ the console on amazon if my budget doesn't amass to $2000 )

Currently the games that I buying on the system physically are:
Drakengard 3
Uncharted 1,2,3
Yakuza 3 & 4
Tales of xillia, graces f and symphonia
Valkyria chronicles
Folklore
ar tonelico qoga knell of ar ciel
Atelier ayesha and escha & logy(played rorona and atelier on the vita)
Time and eternity
Ico shadow of the colossus
Infamous collection
And lastly, mugen soul z

Digital:
Journey
Smt: nocturne
Smt: digital devil saga 1& 2
Siren
All fatal frame games
Demon soul

Buying when it's released:
Shining resonance
Tales of zestrinia
Persona 5
Fairy fencer F
---
#2ffkillsPosted 5/19/2014 2:48:42 AM
Do you want to collect the games, or play them?

This is a setup for disaster and unhappiness. Buy one week, play it for a week, then buy the next game in the week after. Do not buy 20 cars at once when you can only drive one at a time.
---
Final Fantasy Kills. Never forget the legend.
#3AionFic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 3:23:15 AM
ffkills posted...
Do you want to collect the games, or play them?

This is a setup for disaster and unhappiness. Buy one week, play it for a week, then buy the next game in the week after. Do not buy 20 cars at once when you can only drive one at a time.

I normally buy games all at once since amazon takes a while till it arrives and I usually play games 1 at a time, as I've a rather hard time remembering storylines(A fact about me). So don't worry about that. :) But now that I think about it buying 20 games at once, seems overwhelming so I'll buy the console to get free shipping and buy games that I really want first(probably 3) so I'll heed your advice. I'd also like to increase my games collection too by gradually buying games as my expedit bookselves is looking rather empty with only 24 games on it.
---
#4Sdreign1Posted 5/19/2014 3:35:43 AM
Since you're interested in siren you should probably get siren blood curse which is apparently a reimagining of the first installment which you can get at the ps store digitally. Also add eternal sonata to your list. But buy it when you're already out of games to play on ur list.
#5AionFic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 3:45:35 AM
Sdreign1 posted...
Since you're interested in siren you should probably get siren blood curse which is apparently a reimagining of the first installment which you can get at the ps store digitally. Also add eternal sonata to your list. But buy it when you're already out of games to play on ur list.

Siren definitely piqued my interest when I was searching for info on it. Definitely buying it in the long run though. Currently I'm interested in getting, tales of xillia 1 and yakuza 3 & 4.

Eternal sonata seem to have alot of mixed opinion about it, but I'll get it if I'm out of games.
---
#6Sdreign1Posted 5/19/2014 3:54:46 AM
There's also yakuza 5 and dead soul (personally i wouldn't get dead soul if i were you) but Sega still has no plans to release it outside of japan. And there's also a new atelier game that's coming out in summer, but it's only for japan though.
#7FryerPosted 5/19/2014 4:14:36 AM(edited)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is a good game if you can find it. It had a limited release so it may not be cheap.

Edit: I just checked Ebay and it is actually reasonably priced.
---
3DS FC: 0087 2854 5464
XBOX and PSN: Fryerisgod
#8AionFic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 4:16:54 AM
Fryer posted...
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is a good game if you can find it. It had a limited release so it may not be cheap.

Trinity looks amazing!(Kinda reminds me of dark souls for some reason.) Currently amazon only holds 2 copies so I'll buy it along with the others. Thanks!
---
#9FryerPosted 5/19/2014 4:21:18 AM
Some others you can look into are Trinity Universe ,the Hyper Demension Neptunias (Never played them) and, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Some people like myself like it and some don't).

Oh and finally The Witch and the Hundred Knight was an alright game but it kinda drags on at the end if you wanna check that out as well.
---
3DS FC: 0087 2854 5464
XBOX and PSN: Fryerisgod
#10AionFic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 4:30:51 AM
Kinda off-topic, but is siren really really scary? I'm interested in it but at the same time I'm kinda reluctant as I'm a p**** when it comes to scary stuff; but somehow I still want to play it just for the thrill of it. Honestly the scarier the game and harder it is the better. Fear, outlast and amnesia have been scaring the life out of me lately. Would like if someone who have played siren, give me a quick summary of how scary and challenging the game is. Thanks. (I don't mind if everyone ignore this since it's kinda off-topic.)
---