This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I Need good stealth games?

#21mrklarrydPosted 6/9/2014 8:53:20 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Mostly just making a compiled list of what's already been said but might get some new ones as well.

There's the MGS HD/Legacy Collection (preferably get the HD collection since you already have 4) and MGS5 Ground Zeroes.

Dishonored.

Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy (has the first three games) Double Agent (though if you have a PS2 get that version) Conviction (if you have a 360 or game on PC) and Blacklist.

Alpha Protocol.

The Hitman HD collection, Absolution also has decent stealth gameplay.

Also, while they're not 100% stealth games, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas can be played sneaky like.

The Tomb Raider reboot can also be played with stealth.

Again, not a complete stealth game but Walking Dead Survival Instinct has pretty OK human vs zombie/walker stealth.

Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City has decent stealth gameplay, haven't played Origins so I don't know about that.

Again if you have a PS2, there's SOCOM US Navy SEALs 1, 2 and 3, if you've got a PSP there's Fireteam Bravo 1 2 and 3.

If you have a 360 or game on PC there's Velvet Assassin.

I'd add the Tenchu series (from the makers of Dark Souls). They sort of fell out of style, but I was never sure why as the gameplay was exceptional in all of them and the last, Tenchu Z, was fantastic.

This would be reaching, but there's a multiplayer co-op shooter called Payday 2 in which 2/3 of the scenarios are designed so as to be possible to be stealthed, though not easily.

Otherwise, this is pretty comprehensive for consoles.
#22CarpetfluffPosted 6/10/2014 7:31:42 AM
I'd lend you some of mine, but I can't seem to find them.
#23shawnmckPosted 6/10/2014 9:36:29 AM
Hitman: Absolution
The HM Collection is the older games, and they are extremely out-dated.
Absolution is the latest game, and its actually pretty good.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Sniper Elite V2
#24nanofazz97Posted 6/10/2014 9:50:27 AM
HangJebat83 posted...
The stealth gameplay in Far Cry 3 is superb, I love chaining stealth kills in that game.

I was just getting ready to type the same thing. Far Cry 3 has fantastic stealth, and it's just an overall incredible game.
#25LogicLikerPosted 6/10/2014 9:50:40 AM
The original Thief games on PC.
#26Muv-LuvPosted 6/10/2014 3:11:42 PM
mrklarryd posted...
I'd add the Tenchu series (from the makers of Dark Souls).

Acquire and K2LLC are the primary developers. I think From Software is more like the publisher.
#27Dark_EpathyPosted 6/10/2014 3:30:24 PM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the two most recent Splinter Cell games, and Alpha Protocol, if you can stomach some unpolish. All of those games use cover-based stealth (the newest among my favorite genres), and they also have RPG elements that allow you to customize your play style and abilities.

Watch Dogs has stealth sections, too, but there's also a lot of driving. I'd recommend that, too, though it has less stealth than the ones I just discussed.
---
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for." -- Joel, The Last of Us
#28Furikuri_flclPosted 6/10/2014 3:30:54 PM
No such thing.
---
Latest game(s) crossed off my backlog: Mega Man IV (Anniversary Collection).
Collection completion rate: 59.5%.
#29mrklarrydPosted 6/11/2014 2:28:32 PM
Muv-Luv posted...
mrklarryd posted...
I'd add the Tenchu series (from the makers of Dark Souls).

Acquire and K2LLC are the primary developers. I think From Software is more like the publisher.

Hmm. That's weird. Did not know From was ever a publisher.