This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Cancelled

#1spycubaPosted 6/7/2014 3:16:57 AM
However, just two days before Sony’s E3 2014 press conference, two different tweets from Russian journalists Andrey Zagudaev and Petr Salnikov who work or used to work at GMBox.ru are hinting at a possible cancellation of the game.

The first one simply says

The Last Guardian is over, boys

While the other is a bit more elaborate:

There is a legitimate rumor that The Last Guardian has been canceled.

Of course, please take this as a rumor – nothing is even close to being confirmed yet at this stage, but from what we can gather, these journalists have a respectable reputation in Russia. Indeed, this would be an unfortunate and somewhat unexpected turn of events – would you be upset for the definitive cancellation of The Last Guardian? Let us know below.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/06/07/rumor-the-last-guardian-cancelled
---
If I really was a spy from cuba, would I name myself spycuba?
#2theGodPantiesPosted 6/7/2014 3:19:24 AM
cold for June, no?
---
Face it brodudes, The SOULS trilogy won
#3AnonUnknownPosted 6/7/2014 3:19:26 AM
Random statements from semi-obscure journalists from semi-obscure websites, posted on that cancer site with redirects to silly pages like "7 scariest games of all time". MUST BE LEGIT!
#4echa_OnePosted 6/7/2014 3:19:54 AM
Last Guardian is cancelled? This is a rumor for some people?
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#5majin nemesisPosted 6/7/2014 3:21:56 AM
LOL it's not cancelled it's probably going to come out on the PS4
---
"I love mankind it's people i can't stand"-Linus van Pelt,Peanuts
#6Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/7/2014 3:23:03 AM
Sony should fire the people behind this project. Several years of development and nothing to show for it? That's bad. Arguably worse than Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad because The Last Guardian doesn't have an excuse. What were the team doing this whole time, just rolling up blunts? This was just wasted money and manpower that could have been doing something productive.

The worst part about this if it's true, is that it's taken so long to hear word of this cancellation and that it took a leak to find this out. Sony have wrongfully been stringing people along with false hope.
---
FFXIV (Moogle); Join the KUPO Free Company - One of the top ranked FCs of the server (http://kupofc.eu)
#7WildsparkPosted 6/7/2014 3:51:26 AM
They said "it's over", so that could mean that it's finally finished and ready to be shipped out.
---
Gamefaqs: where 12 year olds tease 11 year olds for acting like 10 year olds.
#8Angel_XBlazePosted 6/7/2014 4:01:37 AM
Do people still even care about this game? We barely received any information on it in the first place, and hadn't heard anything in years.
---
BBCP Main: Terumi/Azrael Sub: Hazama/Kagura
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."
#9jammiesPosted 6/7/2014 4:08:01 AM
Angel_XBlaze posted...
Do people still even care about this game? We barely received any information on it in the first place, and hadn't heard anything in years.

True. People are mostly just anxious for it because of the pedigree.

---
GameFAQs moderation staff: the ultimate trolls.
#10majin nemesisPosted 6/7/2014 4:29:37 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Sony should fire the people behind this project. Several years of development and nothing to show for it? That's bad. Arguably worse than Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad because The Last Guardian doesn't have an excuse. What were the team doing this whole time, just rolling up blunts? This was just wasted money and manpower that could have been doing something productive.

The worst part about this if it's true, is that it's taken so long to hear word of this cancellation and that it took a leak to find this out. Sony have wrongfully been stringing people along with false hope.

i think sony is the one that's making this game taking so long they should give more resources to team ico instead of wasting them on other games

Angel_XBlaze posted...

yes people still care about the game,it looked good the last time we saw it
---
"I love mankind it's people i can't stand"-Linus van Pelt,Peanuts