This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Cancelled

#21AnonUnknownPosted 6/7/2014 7:06:30 AM
bvillebro posted...
Didnt know mary had a GFAQs account

Autograph please?

*signs autograph*
#22bvillebroPosted 6/7/2014 7:08:36 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
bvillebro posted...
Didnt know mary had a GFAQs account

Autograph please?

*signs autograph*

*SQUEALS!*

Never washing this hand again
---
Learning something new every day
#23bvillebroPosted 6/7/2014 7:11:08 AM
huyi posted...
bvillebro posted...
Playstation now is not the same thing as BC

Not to mention its not even fully released yet

BC means, i can take any game ive already purchased for my previous gen console, and play it on my current gen

Thats not the same thing as repaying for access to a select, limited number of games that sony decides to sell us, and anything not included will sit on my shelf

BC means i can sell my old console and gear and buy a PS4. PS Now means I'm not buying a PS4 until stuff like this topic stops happening

well said.

Thanks huyi

I still like that they are making the effort at all, but it just aint the same

Guess if i do decide to get a PS4, ill just have to keep my PS3. Not like it has that much resale value anyway
---
Learning something new every day
#24crazyj10Posted 6/7/2014 9:20:00 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Sony should fire the people behind this project. Several years of development and nothing to show for it?

It sounds like they did fire the man in charge, but out of respect, he's working as a freelancer until the project is finished (he's likely earning less money this way too)

No, he left the company to pursue other endeavors, if I remember right. I remember reading about it a few years back.

As much as I would love more stuff from the minds of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I've realized that after an entire GENERATION of nothing, it's probably dead in the water.
---
A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing.
#25archizzyPosted 6/7/2014 9:26:20 AM
Unexpected turn? Hardly. Most people realized a few years back when all the info came out about it being in developmental hell it was done. We have known for awhile ps3 wise was scrapped and the only chance this game had was strictly a ps4 release but most remained highly skeptical of even that happening.

If it makes it to ps4 cool, if not and it's truly a cancelled project across the board I won't be surprised at all. It certainly wouldn't be an unexpected turn to me.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#26shawnmckPosted 6/7/2014 11:14:26 AM(edited)
Maybe its just being re-tooled to utilize Sony's 3D headset (Project Morpheus)..?
What better game to push it then the Last Guardian.
#27hyperskate65Posted 6/7/2014 5:32:33 PM
bvillebro posted...
Playstation now is not the same thing as BC

Not to mention its not even fully released yet

BC means, i can take any game ive already purchased for my previous gen console, and play it on my current gen

Thats not the same thing as repaying for access to a select, limited number of games that sony decides to sell us, and anything not included will sit on my shelf

BC means i can sell my old console and gear and buy a PS4. PS Now means I'm not buying a PS4 until stuff like this topic stops happening

So does 360 not have BC according to your rules?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#28kingstagPosted 6/7/2014 5:50:59 PM(edited)
crazyj10 posted...
No, he left the company to pursue other endeavors, if I remember right. I remember reading about it a few years back.

Nope. Ueda was indeed very likely fired but was kept on as a face-saving measure to "advise" on the completion of the game. His name has certainly never popped up in any other capacities since he was let go.

Ueda was talented dude but his career is finished as a developer of AAA console games. At this level being creative is just a small facet of the skills required and it doesn't matter squat if you can't manage a team and finish a game.

His best bet would be to work on some iOS game or something until he gets his reputation back.
#29Devilman_AmonPosted 6/7/2014 10:09:54 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Sony should fire the people behind this project. Several years of development and nothing to show for it? That's bad. Arguably worse than Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad because The Last Guardian doesn't have an excuse. What were the team doing this whole time, just rolling up blunts? This was just wasted money and manpower that could have been doing something productive.

The worst part about this if it's true, is that it's taken so long to hear word of this cancellation and that it took a leak to find this out. Sony have wrongfully been stringing people along with false hope.

How bout Square-Enix and Final Fantasy XV? A game announced at E3 2006 and rumored to have been in development since 2003?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#30Dr JackalPosted 6/7/2014 10:24:27 PM
IGN reporting it now too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/07/the-last-guardian-cancelled
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: FFXIII: LR, GT6, GTA V, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni