This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Silent Hill (PSN) for the first time ever

#1wigsplasherPosted 6/11/2014 4:22:55 PM
I remember being scared s***less back in the day when I played the demo in the DAYTIME, lol. Awesome game... Looking forward to Silent Hill 2. Very proud that I managed to beat it on normal and achieve the Good Ending as well.

On a side-note, I'm not sure if it's because it's the Director's Cut version, but the game looks BETTER on Full-screen than it does on the Normal setting on PS3.
---
Richard Gere is starting a rock band called... Metal Gere..!?
#2RedSox342Posted 6/11/2014 4:27:35 PM
I bought it too but I haven't played it yet because I would rather play it on my vita when I get one. I heard it hasn't aged well though.
---
PSN: mrcamilo7
#3wigsplasher(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 4:33:04 PM
RedSox342 posted...
I bought it too but I haven't played it yet because I would rather play it on my vita when I get one. I heard it hasn't aged well though.

It hasn't aged "well" but it is definitely still playable. With that being said, it would still look better on PSP.
---
Richard Gere is starting a rock band called... Metal Gere..!?
#4BobbyTommorrowPosted 6/11/2014 4:34:22 PM
Congrats on your finish, those older survival horror games are a lot tougher than they are now although they are far more fulfilling in my opinion.

I played through Silent Hill quite recently myself, and sure the graphics obviously haven't aged well but the atmosphere, tension, sound and story still pulled me in.
---
I went outside once...the UI was horrible
#5Garage_ManPosted 6/11/2014 4:51:34 PM
RedSox342 posted...

Yea I'd wait. The Vita doesn't make them look "good" but it is much better than what the PS1/2/3 can do. PC is the BEST way to experience them but I still use my Vita 99% of the time.
#6Deja-EntenduPosted 6/11/2014 4:52:56 PM
Silent Hill 2 is better (my second favorite game ever, at that), but just know that that one is a lot less focused on trying to scare you. There are less enemies and action overall, it has the best plot in the series. The soundtrack and atmosphere are perfect too.
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Album of the week: Deja Entendu- Brand New https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ss1fdxTr7M
#7SockNightPosted 6/11/2014 4:54:33 PM
wigsplasher posted...
RedSox342 posted...

It hasn't aged "well" but it is definitely still playable. With that being said, it would still look better on PSP.

You should try the Fatal Frame series.
#8Gohan9221Posted 6/11/2014 5:11:23 PM(edited)
Its probably the most tense I have ever been playing a game. I then played Silent Hill 2 and you have to go through the room a couple of times where you encounter the first Pyramid Head and everytime you go through it that f***ing scary music starts playing that was also tense as hell
#9Combo MasterPosted 6/11/2014 5:09:08 PM
I loved silent hill 1-4 back in the day because of the challenge they had. Now it's like I have no patience for any game causing me troubles.
---
Combo Master
#10Gohan9221Posted 6/12/2014 4:18:22 AM
RedSox342 posted...

Its a great game