This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people sell their PS3s and 360s after getting new gen systems?

#1zombie_basher13Posted 6/11/2014 9:52:20 PM
That means selling all their games as well and not being able to play them again. Is it boarding the hype train and suddenly becoming disinterested in "old gen"? Even when I get PS4 I'll never sell my PS3, I have a good library of games I'll want to replay years later, as well as tons of games I still haven't even tried yet. And then they complain when new stuff is announced for PS3 and they're all like "Aww I want this but I sold my PS3." Idiots.
---
Hey Mushroom Man I love you give me a big hug hey what're ya doin NO WAIT:
http://i.imgur.com/EUeyf20.gif
#2SexySamSosa67Posted 6/11/2014 9:54:58 PM
Because it's outdated, old, worn out and played out
---
Add me if you are a trophy hunter or if you are a cool worthy gamer
http://psnprofiles.com/NighT_Ryder31
#3Tsukasa1891Posted 6/11/2014 9:57:43 PM
So they can re buy a ps3 later when one last must have game comes out on it, or they suddenly want to play a old game for, just like when they sold their ps2 for a ps3 and ps1 for ps2.
---
3DS 2165-5497-5235
#SaveMuffin2014
#4AlltraPosted 6/11/2014 10:05:22 PM
Most likely because they have no desire to play their games again, they feel older games are outdated, and possibly because they couldn't afford a new system without selling the old one and all their games, or at the least choose to recoup some of the money they spent.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5DBN_StealthPosted 6/11/2014 10:16:22 PM
lack of money
#6Gaara_fan151Posted 6/11/2014 10:25:21 PM
Alltra posted...
Most likely because they have no desire to play their games again, they feel older games are outdated, and possibly because they couldn't afford a new system without selling the old one and all their games, or at the least choose to recoup some of the money they spent.

This was my case in the past, when upgrading from ps1 to ps2. Of course, PS2 is BC so no real loss there, though I might buy a psone back just to have one in my collection.

Nowdays, with no BC on ps4/X1 I see no incentive in selling my "old" console to buy a new one.

P.S: Nice to see you here, Alltra. Still hang around BOFIV board?
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#7SaintFC_Posted 6/11/2014 10:30:18 PM
Why does it matter what they do? Not everyone wants to play older games.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
"No video game takes "skill", they are all easy free aim or auto aim." - AlucardYes
#8WarhawkPosted 6/11/2014 10:30:38 PM
Tsukasa1891 posted...
So they can re buy a ps3 later when one last must have game comes out on it, or they suddenly want to play a old game for, just like when they sold their ps2 for a ps3 and ps1 for ps2.

Honestly that's a waste of money. I never sold my PlayStation2 just to get a PlaySation3 and later regot it. I kept it and waited until a price drop to get myself a PlayStation3. To me if one sells the previous to get what's new then get what they got rid of previously aren't smart with their money.
---
FAQ Renegade | FAQs: 22 | Reviews: 80
Untitled | http://www.facebook.com/WarhawkFAQs
#9wolf360revPosted 6/11/2014 10:57:17 PM
SexySamSosa67 posted...

I could easily say the same for Xbox one/PS4 and Wii U.
They should hurry up and release the Playstation 70.

As for me I'll be keeping I have far too many games on the Playstation 3 just to be up and selling it.
And I'll likely be getting Wii U/PS4 and Xbox one now(kind of want Phantom Dust and Scale Bound)
---
Nintendo 3DS Code: 1719 4309 3349 Pokemon Safari Type-Dark
Name: Cynder Safari Pokemon-Crawdaunt, Absol and Mightyena
#10SaintFC_Posted 6/11/2014 10:59:02 PM
wolf360rev posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...

I could easily say the same for Xbox one/PS4 and Wii U.
They should hurry up and release the Playstation 70.

No, you couldn't, not without being ridiculed.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
"No video game takes "skill", they are all easy free aim or auto aim." - AlucardYes