This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ways an adult can balance gaming nowadays?

#11Battleship_GrayPosted 6/12/2014 11:02:27 AM
Gaming isn't a guilty pleasure for me in all honesty. I've never felt the need to feel guilty about it. It's just one hobby among many.
---
Recent-ish art: http://i.imgur.com/9xdUz1n.jpg
#12Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:06:30 AM(edited)
RedSox342 posted...
RatB20 posted...
This is made especially difficult when your girlfriend hogs the tv all the time.
I think what most people do is make a 'game room' in their home. Personally, I would rather have a 'study' for more meaningful activities.
It's always good to have a friend who enjoys gaming and go to their place to play. This means you can save cash and be a grown up, at the same time indulging in a guilty pleasure. The best of both worlds.

Or you could just abandon your friends/girlfriend... that will save you an unbelievable amount of time. True freedom.

Sorry my friend but not having friends at all to be able to game instead is a really, really bad choice.
You need a friend, my friend.
#13RedSox342Posted 6/12/2014 11:08:46 AM
Jx1010 posted...
RedSox342 posted...
RatB20 posted...
This is made especially difficult when your girlfriend hogs the tv all the time.
I think what most people do is make a 'game room' in their home. Personally, I would rather have a 'study' for more meaningful activities.
It's always good to have a friend who enjoys gaming and go to their place to play. This means you can save cash and be a grown up, at the same time indulging in a guilty pleasure. The best of both worlds.

Or you could just abandon your friends/girlfriend... that will save you an unbelievable amount of time. True freedom.

Sorry my friend but not having friends at all to be able to game instead is a really, really bad choice.
You need a friend, my friend.

To each his own I guess.
---
PSN: mrcamilo7
#14FredericChopinPosted 6/12/2014 11:18:21 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
Gaming isn't a guilty pleasure for me in all honesty. I've never felt the need to feel guilty about it. It's just one hobby among many.

Neither have I. I have never felt guilty for a second about gaming, and I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit to other adults that I enjoy video games.

Why do some people feel guilty about gaming?
There is really no difference between gaming and watching other things on TV.
IMHO, video games are only problematic if they start to interfere with other important things in life.
---
"There is no one else! I am the only one here!"
- Frederic Chopin, Eternal Sonata
#15Biocide69Posted 6/12/2014 11:28:16 AM
I love games, I have a full schedule myself. Recently married, chores, full time job, dog, cat, art (drawing/painting) budding and expanding interest in a healthier lifestyle (started exercising) I wouldn't give it up, but you just have to find the time yourself.
It's harder to find time, but even a few rounds of battlefield 4 is fun to get in. I never try and worry about others who are better equipped, or skilled. That's just a reality of life. I've had the game since launch and I'm only at rank 28.
#16SirMixahLotPosted 6/12/2014 11:39:44 AM
I'm an adult with a full time job and I just finished putting 80 hours into FFX in about a month. I put the game on while I'm cooking or doing things like that and take breaks in between to just play a little. Working on Rainbow moon right now.
---
PSN: M1x4h // Retired NYC FGC 3xOG since 1999
@MixahNY
#17MaouSadoPosted 6/12/2014 11:46:33 AM
How are you an adult if you can't manage your time without relying on Gamefaqs to give you what should never pass as advice?
#18Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:51:04 AM(edited)
MaouSado posted...
How are you an adult if you can't manage your time without relying on Gamefaqs to give you what should never pass as advice?

You must be new to the internet. Where a person can ask others to learn, get new ideas, find other options. Now shut your mouth.
#19Hello_MeloPosted 6/12/2014 11:51:20 AM
Play what you think is interesting. I don't have enough time to try out games that get highly rated but aren't my type. If it doesn't grip me within an hour or two, I won't fight it.
---
The champion of gay rights. #LGBTmovement
A maven of homosexual and heterosexual relationships.
#20Dark_EpathyPosted 6/12/2014 12:09:31 PM
Play once or twice a week, maybe for a couple of hours at night. It's just a hobby for me, so I don't really care. It takes longer to finish games, but whatever. Nothing you can do about that.
---
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for." -- Joel, The Last of Us