This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tales of Vesperia - a really good game!

#1REMercsChampPosted 6/12/2014 11:51:00 AM
I'm playing the one for 360 (borrowed someone elses 360 just to play this game). I can say that is is easily better than the PS3 tales games released in NA. Much better than Graces F and edges out Xillia. For anyone who was disappointed by the PS3 Tales games, I'd highly recommend trying this one out on the 360.
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#2Battleship_GrayPosted 6/12/2014 11:57:07 AM
It took me a long time to get into it but I'm really digging it now. It's funny how fast it shoots you to on foot to airship. Still trying to get used to the battle system. It's my first Tales game.

Yuri is pretty awesome.
---
Recent-ish art: http://i.imgur.com/9xdUz1n.jpg
#3IChangedMyNamePosted 6/12/2014 11:59:37 AM
Nah, I like Xillia much more. Vesperia is boring.

Dont like Graces, but I havent put much effort into it yet.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#4KittyMreowMrowPosted 6/12/2014 12:09:26 PM
As much as I adore the Tales series, Vesperia is one of my least favorite. Boring, bad story, hated the characters, etc.

Symphonia, Graces F, Abyss, are all better.
#5shadowenclave47Posted 6/12/2014 12:12:16 PM
Hmm maybe i should import the PS3 version but i don't know if my 60gb PS3 fat is region locked or not.
---
I want dat ass!
I like Hyperdimension Neptunia get mad haters.
#6SoincMetalPosted 6/12/2014 12:29:50 PM
I still need to finish that one, currently playing xillia now. Lovin it, and the fact I like when I can use fist to attack. Got Graces waitin after I get to ni no kuni. So many games love this feeling again.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! Skate DGK All Day.
#7IChangedMyNamePosted 6/12/2014 1:31:44 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
Hmm maybe i should import the PS3 version but i don't know if my 60gb PS3 fat is region locked or not.

All PS3's are region locked, from what I understand its the Game developers who choose to unlock it (like with Persona Arena).

as far as I know, Vesperia shouldn't be.
---
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#8WaceyRabbitPosted 6/12/2014 2:09:09 PM(edited)
IChangedMyName posted...
shadowenclave47 posted...

All PS3's are region locked, from what I understand its the Game developers who choose to unlock it (like with Persona Arena).

PS3s are region free. You can play any game from any region, barring less than I think 5 games that are region locked. You do have to watch out for DLC, which will only work if they are from the same region as the game. So for example JPN Vesperia DLC will only work with JPN Vesperia version, and not with a US or PAL version.
---
Wha? A fat kid with a dream? I can't compete with that...
Go Sharks!
#9zyxomma100Posted 6/12/2014 2:50:40 PM
IChangedMyName posted...

You are correct that Vesperia is not locked, and therefore okay to play any disc in any region. However, whether in understanding or explanation, some of the rest of your post is backward. For the most part, PS3 disc games are unlocked, or region free. Persona 4 Arena is the only game that's actually region locked.
#10IChangedMyNamePosted 6/12/2014 3:00:27 PM(edited)
No, you either didn't understand or don't know.

PS3 is NOT region free, the GAMES are and that's solely up to the developers to do that. Sony still has region protection for the developers who feel the need to use it like the aforementioned Persona Arena.

As is Way of the Samurai 3 and about 6 other gamers where the developer decided it was necessary.
---