This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rec me a semi-recent game that offers a somewhat unique experience

#11logans_run_82(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:05:40 PM
I have played several of the recommended games. (arkham games, red dead redemption, mirros edge)

great games worthy of recommendations. 10/10.

i haven't played Catherine, Okami, or Catamari, though. They seem like good choices given the issue here.

I'm just going to give up on Splinter Cell Blacklist right now as I am not feeling it with this game. Not even a wiggle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pSGCJHe.jpg
#12Justice98405Posted 6/12/2014 4:26:38 PM
I gotta give the nod to Catherine as well.

Not only an extremely awesome game, but it's fairly unique, or at least about as unique as a game can be in this day and age of the industry, with how long games have been coming out. Awesome production values, a great cast of characters, well done voice acting, good script/story, interesting puzzle gameplay, just a great game overall. Even a two-player mode (I think that opens up after you beat the game once).

It sold really well for Atlus, but it would have been even better if a LOT more people had given it a chance. I remember being interested when it was announced, but not immediately convinced, and hoped it would have a demo. As I recall, it did, and the demo told me enough that I wanted to get it ASAP. I did, and REALLY enjoyed my play-through of the game, especially it's very interesting story. I don't want to go into details though, because you kinda have to spoil things to do so.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#13Dark_EpathyPosted 6/12/2014 4:42:27 PM
How far are you in Blaclist, brother? Maybe stick with it some more. It's a good game--took a little time to grow on me, as well.

As for unique games, maybe Heavy Rain? Also, if you haven't played The Last of Us, I recommend it solely for its presentation and narrative. It doesn't have innovative mechanics, but it's a great experience.
---
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for." -- Joel, The Last of Us
#14-Bungle-Posted 6/12/2014 5:00:33 PM
The. Walking. Dead.
---
One day the wind will come up, and you'll come up empty again!
And who'll be laughing then? You'll come up empty again!
#15theestriker23Posted 6/12/2014 5:04:24 PM
Wizorb on the PSN for the PS3.
It is awesome and only like 99 cents.
#16ninjakrakenPosted 6/12/2014 5:16:38 PM
Catherine
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Runner 2
Tokyo Jungle
Sound Shapes
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection
Okami HD
Unfinished Swan
3D Dot Game Heroes
From Dust
LA Noire
Demon's/Dark Souls

Older games:
de Blob 2
Echochrome
Flower
Heavy Rain
Katamari Forever
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#17ComradeRyanPosted 6/12/2014 8:00:55 PM
Bulletstorm & Singularity.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#18GoatJugSoupPosted 6/12/2014 9:02:36 PM
Beyond: Two Souls
Heavy Rain
Unfinished Swan
Magicka (not sure if this one is on playstation, i played it on pc)
Portal 1 & 2
---
http://psnprofiles.com/meecegoatsalot
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#19kzooanimalPosted 6/12/2014 9:16:25 PM
Catherine was one of the weirdest games I've played. Very fun puzzle/platformer with social sim as a subgame. (Also rapunzel the game in a game.)

The katamari series.

Heavy rain & beyond: two souls were very unique experiences. Some enjoyed it, some didn't.

The souls series.

Dyad (on psn)
#20WildsparkPosted 6/12/2014 9:22:21 PM
Metal gear revegeance
Portal 2
---
Gamefaqs: where 12 year olds tease 11 year olds for acting like 10 year olds.