This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if I delete Playstation Store?

#1yoshi006Posted 6/17/2014 6:57:12 PM
I've been unable to access the PS Store for the past two or three weeks--ever since the most recent update. Every time I go on it says, "This service is under maintenance." I'm hoping that if I choose delete it will simply delete the update and I can reinstall it. There's no way to permanently delete the Playstation Store from a PS3, is there?
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story. Good story can never save bad gameplay.
The best games, however, have both.
#2Space_MonkyPosted 6/17/2014 7:00:57 PM
there is no way to completely remove it. if you delete the data, it will update again when you try to open it.
---
The fiction will see the real.
#3falloutbeast101Posted 6/17/2014 7:09:21 PM
You will tear a hole in the universe.
---
Propaganda Idols! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRDVQOduEx8 featuring Panna, Opti, and Connie! (better quality now :D)
#4yoshi006(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 7:41:53 PM
falloutbeast101 posted...
You will tear a hole in the universe.

That's what I was hoping for!
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story. Good story can never save bad gameplay.
The best games, however, have both.
#5DSKEmmanuelPosted 6/17/2014 8:25:37 PM
jokes aside, you deleting it deletes the updates for it. the icon will still be there and when you select it will reinstall the store and whatever update its on theoretically fixing your issue. so you're a pretty bright yoshi for coming to that solution. another thing you can try is getting your ps3 to safe mode and doing option 4 to rebuild database to fix the file pathes to the store.
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#6BambooPandamoPosted 6/18/2014 1:01:17 PM
It will reinstall it, I suggest you delete and reinstall the PS Store application monthly. Just to get rid of any trash data.
#7Axess68Posted 6/18/2014 1:09:43 PM(edited)
Dam you, falloutbeast! You beat me to it!

I was gonna say that a wormhole would open up in front of your PS3 and your house would disappear Poltergeist style.

Seriously, though, why would TC want to delete it? It's not like it takes up a lot of space.
#8Axess68Posted 6/18/2014 1:10:50 PM
Besides, "currently under maintenance" is usually 'Net speak for, we took the phone off the hook. Stop calling us!