This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hasnt TLOU dropped to $20?

#11kingdrake2Posted 7/7/2014 6:13:44 PM
they don't drop in price that quick... 2 years from release might see 20$.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 699 bronze, 228 silver, 80 gold, 16 platinum
currently playing: rainbow moon (trophy's and final quest line).
#12_RMT_Posted 7/7/2014 6:22:32 PM
what TC means is, he wants to be a cheapass
---
http://i.imgur.com/PgSMGg8.jpg
#13djprofessork1Posted 7/7/2014 7:09:50 PM
My_Unit posted...
Because the game is amazing and is worth well more than $20. Its actually worth more like $200 but Sony is gracious enough to price it at a very cheap $40-$60. Easily the best game in the last decade. Do yourself a favor and pay the full price. You wont regret it.

No, It's not worth the full price. I beat it in a few days and have never played it again since.
#14EvilCactusPosted 7/8/2014 1:38:15 AM
Because Sony operates under the philosophy that if you overprice something, people will think it's quality. Just because The Last of Us's true value is about a dollar at best, it doesn't mean Sony has to price it that way. It's a sad fact, but that's how it goes.
---
sig here
#15JohnHitman47Posted 7/8/2014 1:45:24 AM
Because its an amazing game worth full price.
---
TLOU best game on PS3 coming to PS4 a dream come true.
#16riddlebox89Posted 7/8/2014 5:11:22 AM
djprofessork1 posted...
My_Unit posted...
Because the game is amazing and is worth well more than $20. Its actually worth more like $200 but Sony is gracious enough to price it at a very cheap $40-$60. Easily the best game in the last decade. Do yourself a favor and pay the full price. You wont regret it.

No, It's not worth the full price. I beat it in a few days and have never played it again since.

This, it was a good game, but not $60 good.

EvilCactus posted...
Because Sony operates under the philosophy that if you overprice something, people will think it's quality. Just because The Last of Us's true value is about a dollar at best, it doesn't mean Sony has to price it that way. It's a sad fact, but that's how it goes.

Lol, overpriced, right, if you actually did your research and found that games today are much more expensive to make than they were years ago, you'd realize that games are actually underpriced for what it costs to make them, twenty years ago you could release a game at $50 and have it only sell a couple thousand copies and still make a profit off of it, not anymore, games now have to sell between several hundred thousand copies to several million copies to make a profit or at least break even, and logically, as the cost of making the games has gone up, the price of buying them should've also gone up, so by all means games should be priced at $100 or more, but they're not.

Really, it's hilarious how many people still think that games are overpriced when $60 is practically nothing compared to what they'd be priced at if they were priced according to how much the game cost to make.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#17nanofazz97Posted 7/8/2014 5:47:33 AM
TC, at this point, I would suggest waiting to buy it on PS4. Even though I am expecting the PS4 version to look exactly the same as the PS3 version, it will come with the DLC pack, so you're going to get a better deal for the remastered version at $50, that is, if you care about the DLC. If you're like me, and never really cared about DLC expansions, then just buy the PS3 version.
#18Lum_YatsuraPosted 7/8/2014 6:05:20 AM
Jx1010 posted...
I have been waiting for more than a year to experience the hype for this PS3 game.
According to Amazon, this PS3 game came out in June of 2013 and still hasnt dropped in price......

Is it worth paying more or is it worth waiting more for The Last of Us?

Keep waiting, Sony doesn't give official reductions to all their games.
Lair came out August of 2007 and hasn't dropped in price.
---
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?
#19archizzyPosted 7/8/2014 8:00:11 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Jx1010 posted...
I have been waiting for more than a year to experience the hype for this PS3 game.
According to Amazon, this PS3 game came out in June of 2013 and still hasnt dropped in price......

Is it worth paying more or is it worth waiting more for The Last of Us?

Keep waiting, Sony doesn't give official reductions to all their games.
Lair came out August of 2007 and hasn't dropped in price.

MSRP is irrelevant. Most games have a $59.99 MSRP but it doesn't stop you from being able to get much cheaper prices.

Not only that but the actual MSRP of the PS3 version has been decreased, and it's still found even cheaper and has been for awhile.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#20My_UnitPosted 7/9/2014 8:56:00 AM
I hope you bought it at the full price. If not shame on you!
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument. Number of people who agree - 138