This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a series that has never had a good game.

#81Fezzinator101Posted 7/9/2014 11:33:02 AM
epictetus1216 posted...
Kane & Lynch

Also this.
#82BrunozaynPosted 7/9/2014 12:06:49 PM
brolynick posted...
You guys really expecting serious answers in a topic like this made by ****ing Greer? He made this just so he can show us his almighty opinion-that-he-thinks-is-fact with games he dislikes.

---
Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! -Albert wesker
#83kobalobasileusPosted 7/9/2014 12:11:17 PM
nanofazz97 posted...
My_Unit posted...
The Souls series. Those games are complete ass. Cant believe people think they are hard let alone good lololol

You are like a 100% representation of the new generation of gaming. You don't like the Souls games, but you love The Last of Us. That's like.....completely against the opinions of the traditional hardcore gamers.

No, not really. I'm pretty traditional and I think both the Souls games and TLoU are crap.
#84calhoun1389Posted 7/9/2014 12:11:30 PM
KittyMreowMrow posted...
squall1981 posted...
agrissa posted...
KittyMreowMrow posted...
themegaman7 posted...

Final Fantasy 13 series

seconded

Thirded.

forthed

Fifthed

How in the hell can you "Second" and "Fifth" the same post? Are you that absent minded that you forgot you were being quoted?
---
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is still the best FPS ever made.
http://backloggery.com/calhoun1389
#85StephenYap3Posted 7/9/2014 12:21:23 PM
Maya-Amano posted...
Bubsy.

Yep, this topic has been answered.
---
Yes, this is real music!
#86SugarFlakesPosted 7/9/2014 12:23:19 PM
majin nemesis posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
Grand Theft Auto personally.

Not a big fan of that series.

just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad
Never said it was dear. Didn't mean to imply it in that way either. My mistake lol.

I just never enjoyed any of the games.
---
Fav RPG Cast: Tales of Xillia/Graces f, Star Ocean 3 & 4, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
The Last Story, Final Fantasy V, VI, VIII, IX, XII, Magna Carta II
#87brolynickPosted 7/9/2014 12:36:27 PM
KittyMreowMrow posted...
Thing is that you new gamers harbor much resentment against real video games. All they're concerned about is graphics. Modern casual gamers like My_Unit, all they care about are graphics, and want their games to be super linear, streamlined, casual easy, no puzzles because they're too hard, and they don't like to use strategy or have to really think about what they're doing.

From a video gamer perspective, the Souls series is top tier. The Souls series represents gaming very well. Remember the film with Tom Hanks, "Big", remember the video game he's playing at the beginning? Yeah, that film was made in 1988.

Here is a pic of the game he is playing:
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/152328-BIG.jpg

The game never existed in real life but I guess someone made a playable version:
http://www.destructoid.com/play-the-computer-game-seen-in-the-movie-big-152328.phtml

Sorcery, hidden passageways, monsters, demons, etc. have always been a huge part of video games. Not sure why new gamers just want dudebro shooters that don't have any actual substance in them. I like to think and I like games that are engaging, with a sense of discovery, adventure, mystery, doom and gloom, morbid, and with a thick atmosphere. That's why the Souls games are amazing and there hasn't been a bad one yet.

Hello good sir, I am a video gamer. I love games that require strategy, require skill, have a lot of hidden passageways, have good puzzles... and I couldn't give a single solitary **** about graphics. However, since I am still a video gamer, I also like games that don't have all of that because I like variety. I like to try every genre there is, sometimes I like the game and sometimes I don't. Doesn't it make more sense for a ''true gamer'' to play every and all games instead of just the ones the internet deems ''hardcore''?

Dark Souls is one of the most boring games I've played on the PS3 and I've played a lot of PS3 games. Don't like it, go complain some more about pretty good games that you think are factually bad because you dislike them.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#88calhoun1389Posted 7/9/2014 12:40:22 PM
SugarFlakes posted...
majin nemesis posted...
SugarFlakes posted...

Never said it was dear. Didn't mean to imply it in that way either. My mistake lol.

But this thread's title is "Name a series that has never had a good game," not "Name a series that you never enjoyed."
---
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is still the best FPS ever made.
http://backloggery.com/calhoun1389
#89SugarFlakesPosted 7/9/2014 12:54:25 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
majin nemesis posted...
SugarFlakes posted...

But this thread's title is "Name a series that has never had a good game," not "Name a series that you never enjoyed."

Oh relax.

Folks take these topics too seriously anyway. Like its really possible to name a series that's horrible that everyone can agree on.
---
Fav RPG Cast: Tales of Xillia/Graces f, Star Ocean 3 & 4, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
The Last Story, Final Fantasy V, VI, VIII, IX, XII, Magna Carta II
#90DevilTears604Posted 7/9/2014 12:57:04 PM
SugarFlakes posted...
Oh relax.

Folks take these topics too seriously anyway. Like its really possible to name a series that's horrible that everyone can agree on.

I dunno. Bubsy seems like a pretty good candidate for that.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.