This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming as addictive as heroin? How many hours did your PS3 steal from you?

#11brolynickPosted 7/9/2014 3:57:48 AM
Oh well, at least this thread is a change of pace from the 2011 sales thread you made
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#12Xpired93Posted 7/9/2014 3:59:57 AM
spycuba posted...
Nemerlight posted...
Britain is in the grip of a gaming addiction which poses as big a health risk as alcohol and drug abuse

What the hell? Sure videogames can be addictive but comparing it to drugs and alcohol is stupid.

Its all the same in this aspect: Too much of it, and it will ruin your life... I lost a friend who was playing COD all day. He let his life just slip away. Did not take care of himself. His downfall began. And now he plays Battlefield.

I honestly think that it's your friends fault rather than videogames.
---
I don't get what's with the obsession about Online Play, gamers are anti-social by nature
#13majin nemesisPosted 7/9/2014 4:08:30 AM
internet is also addictve so i guess TC could have built companies,, houses, written books or become a soccer star for germany in the time it took him to write this and i guess hobbies are a bad thing then

LOL TC good luck telling your grandchildren that you didn't enjoy life because you were to busy working all the time

and to answer your question has many as i let it steal since i play because i want to not because i need too

and LOL to gaming being as addictive as heroin people don't convulse because they stop playing for 3 hours
---
"I love mankind it's people i can't stand"-Linus van Pelt,Peanuts
#14spycuba(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 4:13:03 AM
majin nemesis posted...
internet is also addictve so i guess TC could have built companies,, houses, written books or become a soccer star for germany in the time it took him to write this and i guess hobbies are a bad thing then

LOL TC good luck telling your grandchildren that you didn't enjoy life because you were to busy working all the time

and to answer your question has many as i let it steal since i play because i want to not because i need too

and LOL to gaming being as addictive as heroin people don't convulse because they stop playing for 3 hours

at least i made you LOL a lot.
---
If I really was a spy from cuba...
good old gamefaqs times without angry little insecure children calling others trolls over gaming opinions
#15GiappasBenzPosted 7/9/2014 4:31:58 AM
"Violent gamers brain"

B**** please. The only thing i've learnt from gaming, is that makes people violent.

The people around the gamers, i mean.
---
https://i.imgur.com/GXV9wHS.gif
#16blablablax17Posted 7/9/2014 4:58:30 AM
As someone who works with recovering addicts, I find this offensive.
Heroin addiction is one of the most terrible things I've seen in my life.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.
#17Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/9/2014 6:04:12 AM
TC has clearly never spent time with anyone who hasn't had their fix of Heroin, or trying to get off the stuff.

Idiotic comment, really. Truly idiotic
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#18gotalamboPosted 7/9/2014 6:09:22 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
TC has clearly never spent time with anyone who hasn't had their fix of Heroin, or trying to get off the stuff.

This is an article from Eurogamer, originally from some newspaper. Saying videogame addictions are "harmless" is kinda idiotic also, how many "kids" had nothing but videogames, and as a result dropped out of school? Because they were too lazy to learn as videogames are more exciting? Which ruined their lives and made them social wellfare cases, also often gamers overeat and develop other ver bad habits. There must be thousands, ten thousands worldwide.

Now saying the heroine addict is better/worse than a cancer patient, or anyone else who has huge problems in their lives, is just silly. You cannot compare addictions, there is so much more involved, now if you think its easy to quit videogames , the same could be said about some drugs but its not always that easy (with ANY addiction).
---
Only very little people get mad at gaming topics... Get mad because you did not earn a million dollars this month yet...
#19Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/9/2014 6:14:22 AM
gotalambo posted...

This is an article from Eurogamer, originally from some newspaper. Saying videogame addictions are "harmless" is kinda idiotic also, how many "kids" had nothing but videogames, and as a result dropped out of school? Because they were too lazy to learn as videogames are more exciting? Which ruined their lives and made them social wellfare cases, also often gamers overeat and develop other ver bad habits. There must be thousands, ten thousands worldwide.

Now saying the heroine addict is better/worse than a cancer patient, or anyone else who has huge problems in their lives, is just silly. You cannot compare addictions, there is so much more involved, now if you think its easy to quit videogames , the same could be said about some drugs but its not always that easy (with ANY addiction).

No you can't compare addictions. Point is, that he's trying. Article or not. If an article made that comparison, i'd say it was idiotic, too.

Heroin doesn't steal time, per se, it steals lives.
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#20gotalamboPosted 7/9/2014 6:16:45 AM
Heroin doesn't steal time, per se, it steals lives.

Do you know Kim Dotcom? He is a famous ex-con/hacker and gamer who is in the leaderboards for many games. He was playing 15 or 20 hours a day.

Result? They took all his money. His wife left him. He is facing jailtime. He is massively obese.

All from gaming? Who knows. But it sure played a huge part.
---
Only very little people get mad at gaming topics... Get mad because you did not earn a million dollars this month yet...