This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GBLOGS: Working full-time, How the #@&# do you find time to game?!

#1HaloODSTDPosted 7/9/2014 6:31:27 AM
This is for those people who are working full-time, paying bills, and having so-called "adult" responsibilities. How do you have the time to game? I'm lucky to get 2-4 hours a week it seems and I don't even have kids, career job, and plan on furthering my education.

My backlog is collecting dust and there never seems to be any time for me to really enjoy it, it seems like I have to rush through everything in the game to get the most of it. I miss the days when I could just sit my ass in front of the tv and know for 6-8 hours I'm free to game to my heart's content: searching every nook and cranny, watching every cutscene, etc..
---
PSN: RutgersStudent XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Steam: be nice and I'll tell you :P
#2shallow_cutsPosted 7/9/2014 6:35:08 AM
I'm not some Dickensian orphan working 16 hours per day for evil Mr. Puttersnort.
I have days off. I have my afternoons. I have no other hobbies. Admittedly I don't do those marathon 12 hour sessions I did as a kid. But I find I have time to game.
#3SmoshCuchPosted 7/9/2014 6:35:35 AM
Handhelds are great. I get way more play time on my PSP than I do on my consoles. Looking forward to getting a Vita soon too, after I clear the PSP backlog. May even get a DS/2DS. (It would be my first Nintendo console since the original NES & GB.)
#4Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/9/2014 6:38:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:39:26 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
Handhelds are great. I get way more play time on my PSP than I do on my consoles. Looking forward to getting a Vita soon too, after I clear the PSP backlog. May even get a DS/2DS. (It would be my first Nintendo console since the original NES & GB.)

I might go this route.
---
PSN: RutgersStudent XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Steam: be nice and I'll tell you :P
#6Dave4202Posted 7/9/2014 6:47:50 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
i'm working 6 days a week, and still have time to smoke, game, screw my f*** buddy, shop, etc etc etc.

s'all about time management.

Pretty much this.... Work 8 hours, sleep for 7, still have 9 hours to get stuff done and game.
#7Jedi454Posted 7/9/2014 6:47:59 AM
2-4 hours a week, what on earth do you do? Go to work and then go straight to bed? Lol.
#8Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/9/2014 6:49:13 AM
also, Halo, take this time wasting on the forum, and replace it with gaming if you're concerned about not having time.

If I honestly found myself on here, more than playing games, the forum is the first thing that i'd axe
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#9blassterPosted 7/9/2014 6:49:27 AM
If you are that busy, you might want to start purchasing handhelds, and less so on consoles for the time being.

2-4 hours a week does sound terrible though. Not counting sleep time. Average working adult should generally have at least 4 hours a day off work, instead of a week.
---
Anticipating: DeSu2 BR, P4 Ultimax, MGS5, New Rorona.
I actually feel more embarrassed to purchase AKB48 DVD compared to any kind of game / anime / manga.
#10Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/9/2014 6:49:40 AM
Jedi454 posted...
2-4 hours a week, what on earth do you do? Go to work and then go straight to bed? Lol.

ha ha ha
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out