This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the top developer in the industry?

#1DevilTears604Posted 7/9/2014 7:15:02 AM
I think it's Rockstar. Just about everything they've put out in the last decade has been a gem.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#2Dash_Dash88Posted 7/9/2014 7:19:44 AM
Definitely rockstar
---
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
PSN Dasha_UK XBL Dasha UK NNID Dasha88
#3Bat178Posted 7/9/2014 7:20:13 AM
Nintendo.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#4nanofazz97Posted 7/9/2014 7:26:02 AM
Rockstar has always been at the top because to be honest, even though they are definitely skilled, I feel that they're a bit more lucky than skilled.

Back in the 90s, video games started to see a blast in sales, but nobody was really making games that expanded the horizons past the prevalent JRPG fanbase (that was the most common game genre at that time). There were probably hundreds of developers that thought of making a true real life simulating game where you could go and do whatever you want, and Rockstar was just the first company to publish the idea. They rose to the top, mainly because they were the first people to launch the project.

Rockstar games is sort of similar to Albert Einstein. Sure, Einstein might have been the pop star of the science world, but all the scientists that came before him were just as brilliant, but did not have the resources during their generations. Rockstar games, like Einstein, was simply at the right place.......at the right time.
#5RygonPosted 7/9/2014 8:23:36 AM
Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Nintendo
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#6My_UnitPosted 7/9/2014 9:18:30 AM
Naughty Dog. They made the best game in the last decade.
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument. Number of people who agree - 138
#7JediNarutoPosted 7/9/2014 9:53:08 AM
Last of Us? Game of the decade? Please. Naughty Dog are talented but I gotta give it to rockstar. Never been disappointed.
#8AlexTheNextOnePosted 7/9/2014 10:16:44 AM
JediNaruto posted...
Last of Us? Game of the decade? Please. Naughty Dog are talented but I gotta give it to rockstar. Never been disappointed.

Please, please don't get him started. It's his shtick.
#9VideoGameXVPosted 7/9/2014 10:17:07 AM
Kojima Productions or Nintendo EAD.
Rockstar and Naughty Dog are up there as well, I don't think there's no definitive answer to this question, it's all opinion based really.
#10SolidKnightPosted 7/9/2014 10:18:26 AM
DevilTears604 posted...
I think it's Rockstar. Just about everything they've put out in the last decade has been a gem.

I have to agree Rockstar is the best. They made the best games there is.