This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I get Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

#1SpideymasterPosted 7/9/2014 1:07:35 PM
I've never owned a Gran Turismo game and was wondering if one is inherently better than the other or if both have their own share of strengths and weaknesses.

Basically, is paying $33 (Amazon price) for 6 worth it, or is paying $18 for 5 (XL Edition) the better choice?
---
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.
#2Dave4202Posted 7/9/2014 1:50:36 PM
They're both good, 5 takes alot more time to 100%. 6 was really toned down in that sense

So if you're looking for something you can complete in a normal amount of time go with 6. If you're looking for something you can sink 100's of hours into, go with 5.

Keep in mind, 5 doesn't have online anymore, if that's something you care about.
#3professional gamerPosted 7/9/2014 2:54:44 PM
Whichever one you get, you'll be driving PS2 cars either way.
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#4Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 3:08:37 PM
Dave4202 posted...
They're both good, 5 takes alot more time to 100%. 6 was really toned down in that sense

So if you're looking for something you can complete in a normal amount of time go with 6. If you're looking for something you can sink 100's of hours into, go with 5.

Keep in mind, 5 doesn't have online anymore, if that's something you care about.

I actually planned on playing online, so I'll probably go with 6 now.

How's the online for 6?
---
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.
#5TehRYNOLPosted 7/9/2014 5:41:24 PM
Spideymaster posted...
Dave4202 posted...

I actually planned on playing online, so I'll probably go with 6 now.

How's the online for 6?

Really good.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009