This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I get Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should I get Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

User Info: Spideymaster

Spideymaster
2 years ago#1
I've never owned a Gran Turismo game and was wondering if one is inherently better than the other or if both have their own share of strengths and weaknesses.

Basically, is paying $33 (Amazon price) for 6 worth it, or is paying $18 for 5 (XL Edition) the better choice?
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.

User Info: Dave4202

Dave4202
2 years ago#2
They're both good, 5 takes alot more time to 100%. 6 was really toned down in that sense

So if you're looking for something you can complete in a normal amount of time go with 6. If you're looking for something you can sink 100's of hours into, go with 5.

Keep in mind, 5 doesn't have online anymore, if that's something you care about.
Whichever one you get, you'll be driving PS2 cars either way.
PSN: Profess-Gamer

User Info: Spideymaster

Spideymaster
2 years ago#4
Dave4202 posted...
They're both good, 5 takes alot more time to 100%. 6 was really toned down in that sense

So if you're looking for something you can complete in a normal amount of time go with 6. If you're looking for something you can sink 100's of hours into, go with 5.

Keep in mind, 5 doesn't have online anymore, if that's something you care about.

I actually planned on playing online, so I'll probably go with 6 now.

How's the online for 6?
We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.

User Info: TehRYNOL

TehRYNOL
2 years ago#5
Spideymaster posted...
Dave4202 posted...

I actually planned on playing online, so I'll probably go with 6 now.

How's the online for 6?

Really good.
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should I get Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived