This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought my first ps3....I know...I know...

#1Nend0Posted 7/9/2014 12:20:02 PM
So I'm very behind...but oh well, I bought my first ps3 and I am in love!! But i need some recommendations on catching up with the games that defined last gen...I've narrowed it down based on what interests me but I need help picking the greats! Thanks a ton!

So I'm looking for the open world game that's the best in terms of freedom and choices and just overall awesome...

Fallout 3
Fallout new Vegas
Skyrim
Read dead redemption

Which if these are the best and most open and free?
---
You spoony bard!
#2Inferno700Posted 7/9/2014 1:27:41 PM
I prefer Skyrim but I hear the PS3 version is broken. I played them on 360 and PC. You missed all games on the system but are looking for multiplats?
---
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700 PSN: Inferno701
#3Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 1:43:50 PM
Inferno700 posted...
I prefer Skyrim but I hear the PS3 version is broken. I played them on 360 and PC. You missed all games on the system but are looking for multiplats?

Don't have a PC and have never owned a 360 either, I've been strictly wii/psp/vita/3ds...so could someone give me a difenitive list of games i need to play? I already own the mass effect trilogy and final fantasy xiii trilogy
---
You spoony bard!
#4smerf1Posted 7/9/2014 1:47:40 PM
Open world games?

Infamous series.

But out of the ones you listed. I'd pick Red Dead.
#5Joseph091472Posted 7/9/2014 1:49:19 PM
Get the Red Dead Redemption Game Of The Year edition - it comes with Undead Nightmare.
---
Playstation Network (PSN) - Lil_Joseph_7742
Take Care - Drake
#6Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 1:51:30 PM
Zombies aren't really my thing
---
You spoony bard!
#7Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 1:56:51 PM
Is skyrim broken on ps3?
---
You spoony bard!
#8GawdDawgsPosted 7/9/2014 1:59:13 PM
Read Dead. If you like westerns even just a little, get this first. The game of the year edition comes with all dlc. Even though zombies aren't your thing, it's still a fun and funny addition if you like the single player. It doesn't really give you "choices" however.

then I'd say Fallout 3, Skyrim, New Vegas. All of these are really similar though, but they do have choices, even if they're not very meaningful.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#9shabaabaPosted 7/9/2014 2:05:06 PM
Red Dead is awesome AND the most stable of the games you mentioned,on a ps3.
#10nanofazz97Posted 7/9/2014 2:12:10 PM
Nend0 posted...
Is skyrim broken on ps3?

Yeah, don't even attempt Skyrim on the PS3. Save your money. They say you can fix the bugs with a few patches, but then the patches make the dragons fly backwards and all kinds of other weird stuff. If you're still interested in Skyrim, it's honestly best to wait until you get a really good gaming PC, because even the Xbox 360 version is shot. I just wouldn't recommend a game like Skyrim on consoles because it's just too big of a game for the consoles to handle. Plus, in my opinion, Skyrim just isn't that good of a game. You might be bored with it after the first 2 hours. That's just my opinion.