This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your most controversial gaming opinion.

#1ponyseizuresPosted 7/9/2014 12:52:04 PM(edited)
>Tales of Xillia is the best Tales game.
>Xenogears deserves a remake before Final Fantasy VII.
>Kirby 64: Crystal Shards is the best Kirby game.
---
Snapchat me! @nayov
I'll register that as a new quest.
#2VarronPosted 7/9/2014 12:54:18 PM
The Souls games suck donkey ****.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#3RadioOutriderPosted 7/9/2014 12:59:06 PM
2D Metroid, 2D Zelda > 3D Metroid, 3D Zelda
#4IceHuskyPosted 7/9/2014 1:01:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5archizzyPosted 7/9/2014 1:03:57 PM
Not sure about the most controversial but I tend to have "opposite syndrome" of many of the general consensus opinions on here.

The best example would be my least favorite GTA game of the 3D era is San Andreas. For all the hate IV gets I enjoyed IV far more.

I don't think IV is amazing and put it below Vice City (my favorite) and V but like it more than San Andreas.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#6gameghy555Posted 7/9/2014 1:08:04 PM
-Some of the 3D Sonic games are good (daytime Sonic Unleashed, all of Sonic Generations)
-Overall (price, comfort, exclusives, etc): console > PC
-Common JRPG stories are trash
-Common American FPS are military propaganda
-This isn't as controversial, but Final Fantasy is lame as far as gameplay and story goes.
-Other than Elder Scrolls series, the Souls games did that specific western-medieval action/RPG genre best
-Age of Empires(and Mythology) is a better RTS series than Starcraft and Warcraft.
-PC exclusive games haven't done anything notably revolutionary to gaming this past generation.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
#7Furikuri_flclPosted 7/9/2014 1:10:21 PM
The biggest problem with the industry are gamers themselves and their overblown hate and negativity.
---
Latest game(s) crossed off my backlog: Mega Man Xtreme.
Collection completion rate: 59.9%.
#8DevilTears604Posted 7/9/2014 1:17:33 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
The biggest problem with the industry are gamers themselves and their overblown hate and negativity.

I don't know if that's controversial. I agree with that 100%.

Also, I'd say that the Call of Duty games, for whatever your problems are with how frequently they get released, are very well-made games that deliver a pretty high level of content at the end of the day.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#9Furikuri_flclPosted 7/9/2014 1:19:21 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

I don't know if that's controversial. I agree with that 100%.

Also, I'd say that the Call of Duty games, for whatever your problems are with how frequently they get released, are very well-made games that deliver a pretty high level of content at the end of the day.

Few would like to admit that they themselves are a problem.
---
Latest game(s) crossed off my backlog: Mega Man Xtreme.
Collection completion rate: 59.9%.
#10brolynickPosted 7/9/2014 1:29:30 PM
The MGS series is awful.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.