This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are you doing in games right now

#1dragondrive33Posted 7/13/2014 10:31:52 PM
Me, I am killing time until the better games comes out starting in August throughout the Holidays with me Getting my Wii U this holiday.

I am currently just playing Retro Games digging out the old stuff my Original Wii, my Original Xbox, my PS1, PS2, Gamecube, killing time until PS3 games such as TOX 2 to Diablo 3 Ultimate hits.

Then I will get Dragon Age which is my most anticipated game in 2014. I been racking up on Elcheapo PS3 games. buying 20 to 30 PS3 games at a time. The beauty of New Consoles mean Older Machines the games drop in price super fast.

I can play games I never played, Backlog my Collection on my PS3, Get my Trophies finished on my PS3 games, & do more DLC Content on my PS3 games.

PS2 I still love my PS2 Console & I have had it since Day 1 Launch which now is about 15 years old. I love this machine, which is why I have over 200+ PS2 games. Been replaying all my faves.

Right now it is Dry Spell with nothing coming until August. So I am using this time to do me Retro gaming. I am also getting a 3 In 1 Retro Console that plays SNES, NES & Sega been wanting to relive my Child Hood & play all my faves I grew up with.

So what are you doing right now & what games are you playing. Or are some just taking a break altogether until the OMG games come over the Holidays.

I plan on keeping my PS3 also cause of Persona 5 & TOZ also MK X. I also do not think these games will look bad on the PS3 so you don't have to drop 399.99 to play that same game on a PS4. The PS4 at the moment doesn't have anything I want so I am staying PS3.

Also regarding PS3-PS4 versions of the same game being Dragon Age while the PS4 probably uses Frost Bite 3, the PS3 Version probably runs on a Modified Frost Bite 2 Engine seen in previous PS3 games such as Battle Field or NFS The Run.

WWE 2K15 also more than likely will use a Different PS3 engine

Also games such as Tekken 7 more than likely Next Only considering Unreal 4 is Next Only Engine.
#2justaseabassPosted 7/13/2014 10:45:56 PM
I just started playing FF7 on Steam. Really enjoying it. I also got Heavy Rain, which is really meh right now (might return it) and I'm going to play Far Cry 3 and Battleblock Theatre on 360.
---
Aiden Pearce is our lord and savior.
Currently own a PS3 and 360
#3WizardofHothPosted 7/13/2014 10:50:42 PM
Been really busy with Tales of the Abyss, Bravely Default and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my Nintendo 3DS. Im at the tail end of Tales of the Abyss anyway so I started playing Bravely Default and been level grinding and got the Summoner and Ranger jobs in Bravely Default earlier tonight. Im on a roll.

Need to slow down and concentrate on wrapping it up with the Kitmer and the other guy where Im supposed to get Spellfencer job.
#4Power TurtlePosted 7/13/2014 10:57:44 PM
SMT DeSu: Overclocked. On final day of my first playthrough.
After that i may replay it again for a different ending before taking a break.

Still got Drakengard 3 waiting to be played but my PS3's Blu Ray is dieing so i doubt i could even play it! Also got Killer is Dead too! If those dont work, i will instead go to PS2 and play through Persona 3 FES since i have still yet to beat that damn game for some reason even though i like it.. i just.. stop.. after a while. And then i have P4G i accidentally bought..

All those RPG's as well as Skullgals and USFIV because it for some reason still plays on my PS3.. for now.. I'm guessing it is becuase it is installed? Not sure.. TLOU, Dark Souls 2, Borderlands 2, and AssCreed MP all wont play on my PS3 so my choices are limited haha.
---
lolxbox
Not changing signature until FALLOUT 4 is announced! ~6/10/2013
#5Power TurtlePosted 7/13/2014 11:04:25 PM
justaseabass posted...
I also got Heavy Rain, which is really meh right now

It's a super serious cinematic movie and it has no replay value. In fact the creators said not to play the game again or you will ruin your immersion! Even though i think it has trophies for beating all endings.. If you aren't digging the story, return it for sure!

WizardofHoth posted...
Bravely Default

Dont let Ch.5 and onward upset you! great game is great! future BD games will be even greater!
---
lolxbox
Not changing signature until FALLOUT 4 is announced! ~6/10/2013
#6Inferno700Posted 7/13/2014 11:16:37 PM(edited)
Beat FF8 (Steam) last night, stated Battlefield 3 (nearly beating it) while at work today, and just beat Hind D on MGS now that in home.

BTW I have a desk job where I wait for bad things to happen then I handle the situation so there is down time.

Edit: I figured I might as well add...I have pretty much missed PlayStation exclusives as I mainly play on Nintendo consoles but owned a 360. I purchased a PS3 because the games are cheap and I missed then before. I have a huge backlog but am thoroughly enjoying it. By backlog I am talking about 200 games but I never have a moment I don't have exactly what I want to play available in my collection.
---
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700 PSN: Inferno701
#7justaseabassPosted 7/13/2014 11:46:44 PM
Inferno700 posted...
Beat FF8 (Steam) last night, stated Battlefield 3 (nearly beating it) while at work today, and just beat Hind D on MGS now that in home.

I'm sorry BF3 campaign is terrible.
---
Aiden Pearce is our lord and savior.
Currently own a PS3 and 360
#8ScorpioGuyPosted 7/14/2014 12:37:53 AM
I just finished Resident Evil Revelations last week and now I'm going through Metro Last Light. Great games.
---
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
http://www.youtube.com/TheScorpioFiles
#9r0xm2nPosted 7/14/2014 3:40:04 AM
My Platinum playthrough of FFX HD is almost over. Just defeated a few Dark Aeons, and Penance earlier.
Just gotta take care of a few miscelleanous trophy things....

From there, I don't know yet.

Of course, I'm just killing time waiting for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.
---
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte
#10carsaucePosted 7/14/2014 3:45:27 AM
Relaying Saints Row 4 since I never finished it and kinda rushed the game at the time.
Taking it slow this time and enjoying it.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous