This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm wondering if I should bother with online trophies anymore.

#1RJP_XPosted 7/15/2014 10:06:42 AM
I have gotten online completed for quite a few games, some excruciating, some simple. Well, I got the Ezio Trilogy. As much as I'd like to get the online trophies for Brotherhood. Seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I got tons of people asking me if I want to boost with them or not, and simply I'm not sure. I recently did the online for AC4 and got the plat., but Brotherhood has some confusing aspects, I joined a group on my first game and a few of its members got mad at me cause I was confused and it was my first match. I was like damn ok.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2AlltraPosted 7/15/2014 12:28:07 PM
Online sucks, so probably not. That's not even taking trophies into consideration.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#3Blaze21Posted 7/15/2014 12:57:45 PM(edited)
Brotherhood definitely has the hardest MP trophies of all the AC games, mainly due to Abstergo Employee of the month. I personally really enjoyed the online so it wasn't a big deal. If you don't like it then don't bother honestly. Or boost it I guess since it is nearly impossible to do them all now.

I personally wish they wouldn't have done any MP trophies (at least not after the first game). Tired of so many people moaning about how much they hate the MP for AC and how they have to play it for trophies. It would have cleaned up the online, eliminating the large category of d-bag players that not only doesn't know how to play but isn't even trying to learn cause all they care about is the trophies.

Not directing that at you TC, but just something that is really annoying.

As for the group you joined, that unfortunately is standard for any MP game and is the main reason I avoided it and never found it fun until AC. I'm kind of surprised there are people still playing it. The times I tried to boot it up it was completely dead. Or everyone was playing Wanted, which is a mode I never cared for.

Oh wow, I remember you now TC. :) I knew your name looked familiar. But seriously, just boost that crap. :)
---
Why insult someone when you can say something nice in a very sarcastic tone?
#4kingdrake2Posted 7/15/2014 1:30:33 PM
i avoid the online trophy like the plague.... especially when it requires gaming skill in a particular genre.... the last one i skip was sony playstation all stars. getting the trophy where you win and not die one time can be boosted but not worth the trouble.

uncharted is another one and for good reason.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 699 bronze, 228 silver, 80 gold, 16 platinum
currently playing: rainbow moon (trophy's and final quest line).
#5ninjakrakenPosted 7/15/2014 3:49:25 PM
Blaze21 posted...
It would have cleaned up the online, eliminating the large category of d-bag players that not only doesn't know how to play but isn't even trying to learn cause all they care about is the trophies.

This point of yours extends to so many online multiplayers. I hate how online trophies can affect how people actually play, making the experience worse overall. For example, Mass Effect 3 had a co-op mode. But forget about co-op, every man for himself when trying to wrack up those kills for the 5000 kills trophy!

I love collecting trophies but I pretty much have given up on obtaining online ones, even easy ones. It just doesn't interest me.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#6agrissaPosted 7/15/2014 3:52:16 PM
You shouldn't bother with any kind trophies, online or not. Okay I collect trophies too, but if you're getting stressed out over them, then you're doing it wrong.
---
Corporate greed has ruined gaming.
#7kingdrake2Posted 7/15/2014 5:00:29 PM
ninjakraken posted...
Blaze21 posted...
It would have cleaned up the online, eliminating the large category of d-bag players that not only doesn't know how to play but isn't even trying to learn cause all they care about is the trophies.

This point of yours extends to so many online multiplayers. I hate how online trophies can affect how people actually play, making the experience worse overall. For example, Mass Effect 3 had a co-op mode. But forget about co-op, every man for himself when trying to wrack up those kills for the 5000 kills trophy!

I love collecting trophies but I pretty much have given up on obtaining online ones, even easy ones. It just doesn't interest me.

at least its kills, wins is something i get more annoyed with :(.
---
PSN trophy amount atm: 699 bronze, 228 silver, 80 gold, 16 platinum
currently playing: rainbow moon (trophy's and final quest line).
#8AlltraPosted 7/15/2014 9:58:41 PM
NPC team mates. Solves every issue. Give players the option to play MP with NPCs. They used to do that in the old days, dunno why they stopped.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9ThAce6Posted 7/15/2014 10:43:11 PM
I only go for online trophies if I really like the MP in the game, which is extremely rare, and if the trophies aren't too annoying and encourages people to boost and cheat.
---
PSN: Anemptybox