This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can people play games that have a metacritic below 91?

#1dailyactionPosted 7/16/2014 6:41:15 AM
Even those with 91+ often suck, the only good game below 91 Metacritic is really AC3 and Sleeping Dogs.

Anyone else agree reviews are overrated?
---
I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.
#2KittyMreowMrowPosted 7/16/2014 6:46:38 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls

The best game this gen has a metacritic of 89 / 8.6

Usually with this "modern" gen, the highest rated games are the most mediocre. AAAs that are mass marketed that aren't that good and that have terrible gameplay are often the ones most praised. Any highly marketed western game gets high scores, while Japanese games tend to be marked down simply for being Japanese. So, that western bias, "professional" western reviewers, I call racism.
---
http://dailyatheistquote.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/russell.jpg
If you are nihilist and 100% proud of it put this in your sig. Or not, whatev.
#3hindd92Posted 7/16/2014 6:48:43 AM(edited)
I don't care about reviews, I never read or watch them, let alone let them "decide" if I'm going to buy/watch something or not. I buy games that I have any interest in; if I don't like it, I sell it (though I've stopped buying games for a long while now). I believe that everyone's entitled to their opinion; so I'll make my opinion about something, not let someone else do it.
#4Gaara_fanPosted 7/16/2014 6:49:31 AM
0/10

Put some effort next time, TC.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#5thisranksPosted 7/16/2014 6:59:39 AM
I don't waste time on reviewers or review scores ... i just love playing games.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#6thisranksPosted 7/16/2014 7:02:17 AM
KittyMreowMrow posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls

The best game this gen has a metacritic of 89 / 8.6

Usually with this "modern" gen, the highest rated games are the most mediocre. AAAs that are mass marketed that aren't that good and that have terrible gameplay are often the ones most praised. Any highly marketed western game gets high scores, while Japanese games tend to be marked down simply for being Japanese. So, that western bias, "professional" western reviewers, I call racism.

Well, i came into the topic expecting a biased reply ... no surprise it is hypocrisy at its best.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#7AlltraPosted 7/16/2014 7:11:32 AM
Short answer is that review score criteria is varied and there's no uniformity from reviewer to reviewer. Even among "Professional" reviewers, or the reviewing profession in general.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#8brolynickPosted 7/16/2014 7:12:42 AM
TC, you've been praising Saints Row 3 for the past few days and that has a Metacritic of 82. What does that make you? Oh ya, a hippokritz, yo!
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#9IAMlnDiGNaTioNPosted 7/16/2014 7:15:43 AM
That's pretty funny i'll give you that.
#10BreyantPosted 7/16/2014 7:17:13 AM
I like plenty of games that are in the 40s and 50s...
---
No one steals my ship. Not even me.