This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of BlazBlue games just ultimate editions of previous games?

#21MwarriorHieiPosted 7/16/2014 7:30:51 PM
twa556 posted...
Not that fighting games have huge stories, but if I wanted to see the whole thing I have to buy all those games?
Assuming yes, which systems should I get what?
Which ones are on steam and vita in america?

continuum shift extend has a summary chapter of calamity trigger and all of continuum shift (including DLC character stories).

chrono phantasma picks up where continuum shift left off.
---
http://i.imgur.com/oBPaBAa.png
#22xio323Posted 7/16/2014 7:36:09 PM
twa556 posted...
Not that fighting games have huge stories, but if I wanted to see the whole thing I have to buy all those games?
Assuming yes, which systems should I get what?
Which ones are on steam and vita in america?

i feel like no one has really answered this question.
Storywise you can just pick Continuum Shift Extend and Chrono Phantasma.
CS extend cover's both stories of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift.
Chrono Phantasma is a direct sequel to Continuum Shift. So the storyline continues straight after the end of Continuum Shift.

Story is rather hit and miss with most people here. I personally actually enjoy them since it's one of the first fighting games with a fleshed out story. (can't really say it's good, that's for you to decide)

if you're just going for pure gameplay just go with chrono phantasma. It's the latest version of the series with the most characters.

Xblaze: Code Embryo is a spin-off prequel to the blazblue series. It's not directly tied with the series, but it uses a lot of the lore and somewhat assists with the terminology that gets thrown at you. Wouldn't quite recommend it unless you absolutely love reading adore the Blazblue lore.

As a fighting game, it's very fast and very fun. But not very beginner friendly if you plan on jumping online. Just watch evo 2014 tournament battles and you'll see how ridiculous it can get.
#23AzurexNightmarePosted 7/16/2014 7:42:04 PM
I think I'd much rather play a bad game than spend my time coming into topics that are about games that I don't like, to tell people who do like them, that I don't like them.

That's pointless.
---
PC "Master" Race. Belittling others for enjoying the same hobby that they do since...always.