This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it not reccomended to play a game while downloading another game?

#1Virtual_ConsolePosted 7/19/2014 6:10:21 PM
I'm downloading the Destiny Beta and wanted to pop in my copy of Bioshock Infinite, but would it harm the PS3 for doing too much work? Should I just leave the Destiny Beta downloading and once it's finished, then go back to playing Bioshock? Just wondering if I will damage the PS3 in the long run if I download one game and play another at the same time
---
MPH Name: CloudFF7
3221-9598-5287
#2Gaara_fanPosted 7/19/2014 6:12:51 PM
Virtual_Console posted...
I'm downloading the Destiny Beta and wanted to pop in my copy of Bioshock Infinite, but would it harm the PS3 for doing too much work? Should I just leave the Destiny Beta downloading and once it's finished, then go back to playing Bioshock? Just wondering if I will damage the PS3 in the long run if I download one game and play another at the same time

No harm, if you can download in background while playing, do it.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#3anonymous46773Posted 7/19/2014 6:22:28 PM
Unless you are trying to play a multiplayer game, you'll be fine.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4AnthonM2Posted 7/19/2014 6:45:14 PM
Some games will pause the downloads automatically I think, maybe multiplayer games only.
---
Get Split/Second on PS3/360, innovative and one of the best racing/action games, single player and online offline multiplayer and great music.