This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it not reccomended to play a game while downloading another game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is it not reccomended to play a game while downloading another game?

User Info: Virtual_Console

Virtual_Console
2 years ago#1
I'm downloading the Destiny Beta and wanted to pop in my copy of Bioshock Infinite, but would it harm the PS3 for doing too much work? Should I just leave the Destiny Beta downloading and once it's finished, then go back to playing Bioshock? Just wondering if I will damage the PS3 in the long run if I download one game and play another at the same time
MPH Name: CloudFF7
3221-9598-5287

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 years ago#2
Virtual_Console posted...
I'm downloading the Destiny Beta and wanted to pop in my copy of Bioshock Infinite, but would it harm the PS3 for doing too much work? Should I just leave the Destiny Beta downloading and once it's finished, then go back to playing Bioshock? Just wondering if I will damage the PS3 in the long run if I download one game and play another at the same time

No harm, if you can download in background while playing, do it.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
2 years ago#3
Unless you are trying to play a multiplayer game, you'll be fine.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

User Info: AnthonM2

AnthonM2
2 years ago#4
Some games will pause the downloads automatically I think, maybe multiplayer games only.
Get Split/Second on PS3/360, innovative and one of the best racing/action games, single player and online offline multiplayer and great music.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is it not reccomended to play a game while downloading another game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived