This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, I can't believe it but I may give into buying some DLC

#1IceHuskyPosted 7/20/2014 2:24:30 PM
I just finished Dead Space 3 and to say that the ending to the game was lackluster and unfilling is an understatement at best. I read online that DS: Awakening DLC wraps everything up since it brings closure to the events of vanilla Dead Space 3. With that said, I hate supporting these kind of tactics by corporations, but I have to know what happens after the end of DS3. Someone talk me out of it. I could use that $10 dollars for something more meaningful, but I need to know. God help me. >_<

I wonder if EA will ever rerelease the Dead Space series with all of the DLC? Are they known to do this with their other titles? I can't remember. :P
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#2Golden_GonadsPosted 7/20/2014 2:27:55 PM
Watch a 'lets play' or whatever they're called on Youtube?

EA have released a handful of GotY editions, but not many. I'm still waiting on one for Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect series.
#3IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 2:52:09 PM
Golden_Gonads posted...

EA have released a handful of GotY editions, but not many. I'm still waiting on one for Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect series.

Wasn't that Mass Effect trilogy a GotY set? I have it and even though I've only started the first one so far, I could have sworn I saw codes for the DLC in ME2 and ME3? I'll have to look now to verify. HAHA!
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#4EbonTitaniumPosted 7/20/2014 2:54:40 PM
IceHusky posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...

Wasn't that Mass Effect trilogy a GotY set? I have it and even though I've only started the first one so far, I could have sworn I saw codes for the DLC in ME2 and ME3? I'll have to look now to verify. HAHA!

No, it wasn't.
---
Order + Chaos = Human.
#5gkahnmbPosted 7/20/2014 3:12:07 PM
The Mass Effect Trilogy includes the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC mission for Mass Effect, all of the DLC Mass Effect 2 originally shipped with (Cerberus pack, Zaeed, Kasumi, Overlord, etc.), but none of the Mass Effect 3 DLC. This is the only series I've ever purchased DLC for, though Mass Effect 3 did recently have all of its DLC on sale. Hope this info helps.
#6David_FaustinoPosted 7/20/2014 3:26:59 PM
for someone who supposedly hates DLC you're contemplating buying it for a dumb reason
---
your weeaboo clip of the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzivK7LJDw
#7Golden_GonadsPosted 7/20/2014 3:38:30 PM
IceHusky posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...

I'm unsure about the PS3 version, but the PC version doesn't contain any, except whatever is free with a new copy of the games anyway - None of the paid DLC is included.
#8Kirbopher13Posted 7/20/2014 3:49:46 PM
As the second person said, just watch an LP or cutscenes from the DLC.
Normally I'm against that idea, but **** EA. They don't deserve your money.
---
Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own. - George Carlin
#9BillysanPosted 7/20/2014 4:04:57 PM
Personally I wouldn't support any DLC from UBIsoft and EA.

Capcom's pretty bad to. I think the only acceptable DLC from them was RE5's extra episodes.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#10-Bungle-Posted 7/20/2014 4:18:37 PM
I just finally caved and bought my first ever DLC. It was an arena type pack for Borderlands 2. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.
---
Lipstick-a slap on my cheek. Your eyes cried at last-told me everything, I was afraid to ask. Now I'm dressed in white-and you've burned me for the last time.