This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am buying a phat PS3 model 60GB with BC. How reliable?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I am buying a phat PS3 model 60GB with BC. How reliable?
1 year ago#41
PS2 emulation is good enough on the PC now that if you have a gaming computer you might want to use that for your PS2 games rather than doing it on a console. It does depend on which games you like, though, because some don't run as well as others.
11 months ago#42
I have a question. My phat PS3's fan gets louder than normal (not extremely loud) when playing games like GTA V or Dragons Dogma. Is that something of a concern?
---
Casul and hardcore Filipino gamer here.
11 months ago#43
paolo11z posted...
I have a question. My phat PS3's fan gets louder than normal (not extremely loud) when playing games like GTA V or Dragons Dogma. Is that something of a concern?

If they freeze constantly, yes. If they play as normal and don't show artifacting, your console is fine.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
11 months ago#44
IMO, backwards compatibility isn't such a big deal anymore. There are a bunch of PS2 games that are available as PS2 classics, or HD collections (Metal Gear, Sly Cooper, God of War, etc.) and you can emulate the rest on your computer.
11 months ago#45
Biocide69 posted...
I had one, lasted three years. Got the YLOD, sent it to a computer shop (owned by my wife's uncle) he was never able to get it working again.

He's probably the the type that deals with CPUs held in by a clamp not soldered at each contact to the motherboard pcb
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
11 months ago#46
My 2006 launch one is fine. Don't abuse and you will be ok
11 months ago#47
For those who have working PS3 Phat, how often do you use your Ps3?

And does anyone have a ps3 phat that had ylod and got it fixed?
---
I was vanished in space but I have returned. Get ready for I am the most powerful mech in the universe.
11 months ago#48
Still got a launch 60. I just chose to change out the thermal compound which really fixed a couple of issues I was having
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
11 months ago#49
I had the YLOD and one of my best friends had the YLOD. We both had our systems fixed, and they both died again within a couple of weeks.
11 months ago#50
slymshady posted...
My 2006 launch one is fine. Don't abuse and you will be ok

That's not how it works. Open up a launch PS3 sometime. The YLOD is caused by design flaws.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I am buying a phat PS3 model 60GB with BC. How reliable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived