This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In 20 years today, what ps3 game do you want to play ?

#1dailyactionPosted 7/23/2014 12:39:04 PM
So Mario was a revolutionary game 20 years ago and today. Anythn on ps3 like it?

I mean does the ps3 have any games right now that people will remember still in 20 years like with mario ? And want to play?

I think maybe Call of Duty ?

While Uncharted / Last of Us are amazing they do not have the replay-value for most gamers sadly.

As for Uncharted, many cannot even get their games to run properly anymore without stutter and freezes :(

The Bioshock series will probably still be "cool" in 20 years too. The Fallout games. But all these games kinda lack the "FUN" aspect of Mario.

GTA 5 maybe ?

Saints Row ?

Sleeping Dogs ?

AC3?

Mass Effect Series?

NFS Most Wanted?

Really curious. In 20 years today, your son says he just downloaded a ps3 to his phone for $5, what ps3 game do you want to play ?
---
I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.
#2its_mattPosted 7/23/2014 12:40:54 PM
Uncharted stutters and freezes?
#3dailyaction(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 12:43:29 PM
Yeah happened on my old 2nd gen slim (not superslim) on both uncharted 2 and 3.

All other discs are fine.

In the official sony forum is huge threads about other players having the same issue. But my point was more the games do not have that much replay value (or do you think otherwise?).

What game would you play in 20 years today?
---
I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves.
#4Golden_GonadsPosted 7/23/2014 12:44:18 PM
I might clear enough of my multi-system backlog by then to play... Well... Any of the games I currently have.
#5Power TurtlePosted 7/23/2014 12:59:43 PM(edited)
probably Persona 5. I mean, i'm still going back to RPGs from the early 90s for a good ol' dose of nostalgia and fun. RPGs dont really suffer from technology advances since the turn based battles are so damn fun and graphics are pointless to me. Uncharted, TLOU, Bioshock, and games like that i can see replaying periodically for the stories. I have played TLOU easily 10 times now and i could put it in right now and still love it, so in twenty years? Sure.
---
lolxbox
Not changing signature until FALLOUT 4 is announced! ~6/10/2013
#6its_mattPosted 7/23/2014 1:00:29 PM
dailyaction posted...
Yeah happened on my old 2nd gen slim (not superslim) on both uncharted 2 and 3.

All other discs are fine.

In the official sony forum is huge threads about other players having the same issue. But my point was more the games do not have that much replay value (or do you think otherwise?).

What game would you play in 20 years today?

Uncharted 2 on my slim PS3
#7ComradeRyanPosted 7/23/2014 3:47:11 PM
Red Dead Redemption.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#8VideoGameXVPosted 7/23/2014 3:58:22 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes / The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Persona 5
Catherine
Sonic Generations
Tomb Raider (2013)

I can see myself coming back to these games many years later.
#9deaththekidd666Posted 7/23/2014 4:08:23 PM
For me

Tekken Tag 2
Tales of Xillia/2
Catherine
God of War III
GTA VI
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
Persona 5
Red Dead Redemption
Sonic Generations
P4AU
Heavy Rain
HDN the original (just for sh*ts and giggles)
---
PSN: OneWingedTerror --- 3DS FC: 4227-0913-2917
#10My_UnitPosted 7/23/2014 4:12:25 PM
The Last of Us. Everything else this gen will be forgotten but TLOU will still be just as good 20 years from now as it is today.
---
The Last of Us is the greatest game in the last decade. There is no argument. Number of people who agree - 212