This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here disables subtitles when they play games?

#21akuma634Posted 7/28/2014 6:11:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not deaf. It was annoying in PS1 games where they had subtitles that couldn't be disabled.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#22psfanatix18Posted 7/28/2014 6:12:53 PM
I always have it on, because i got used to reading in games when im playing RPG.
---
You are your own personal reflection...
PSN: psfanatix
#23DragonAtmaPosted 7/28/2014 6:21:55 PM
I prefer reading text to hearing speech, so I always turn subtitles on.
---
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?
#24TrueGBPosted 7/28/2014 6:29:38 PM
I always turn them on. I hate it when I don't have the option to use subtitles.
---
Future Billionaire
#25_Shuyin_Posted 7/28/2014 6:36:08 PM
Always turn them off. More cinematic experience. I feel it would be like watching a movie, in English, with subtitles on.

It actually kinda bugs me when a game won't give me the option, like Deadly Premonition for example.
---
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea - and ideas are bulletproof."
~ V for Vendetta
#26Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/28/2014 6:41:25 PM
me
---
Those mostly foul, cry foul the most
If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out
#27-Bungle-Posted 7/28/2014 6:43:36 PM
Always have the subtitles turned on. 10 years of playing the drums has done wonders to my hearing. Although, I wouldn't have it any other way.
---
Golem II: The Bionic Vapour Boy
#28ssringoPosted 7/28/2014 6:45:03 PM
I always turn on subtitles (for main lines, not background dialogue if applicable). I have a hard time understanding some accents plus I might come across a boring part and just read what's going to be said so I can skip it.
---
"If all pc gamers are pirates and pc gamers are the master race, then logically . . .
Pirates = Master Race" -Piggins12
#29EinheirPosted 7/28/2014 6:47:44 PM
I always try to turn em on, because I dont wanna miss out on some stuff because I didnt pay attention to the voice, but meh if it doesnt have subtitles I feel its okay, just sometimes you get a mess on the background noises and the voices, so yeah, thats why I use them :D
#30justdontaskPosted 7/28/2014 6:50:25 PM
i always have them on, but im not really sure why. i never do for movies or tv, but always do for games. just because.

i can think of multiple scenes in some games where the subtitles dont match the voices, so i bet thats why i keep em on now. there are some scenes where a character says something very quietly, and you probably wont hear much more than a grunt or a deep breath, but with subtitles, you can tell exactly what they said. good example, Final Fantasy 12, when Vaan first sees the Strahl. "how fast can she go? can she take the Ifrit? can i fly her?" "well, i could tell you... but wouldnt you like to see for yourself?" and then you hear a faint noise... its Vaan saying "yeah" as he strides towards the Strahl. not super important, but the point remains, you cant hear him.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
i do track topics i create for a few days.